For fun topic: interesting countries shipped to..

Today shipping to 8 different countries (my record is 12 different countries in 1 mailing day)

Today's interesting country is Papua New Guinea - first time I've ever shipped there!

Reminds me of the time I shipped to Gibraltar, address was the buyers name, a street-like name with no number and GIBRALTAR. I emailed the buyer to ask for the rest of the address, they told me that was all that was needed because everybody knows everybody in Gibraltar. It got there as quick as something across the country here!!!!

What's your interesting country?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Any time that I've run into 'not provided' it has been in the province/state field which isn't required so I just delete it. To confirm that is the field that it is in, click edit in PayPal shipping.
Message 41 of 51
latest reply

There are a number of sites that give postal formats.

I have used this one in the past:

http://bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats/finland/

Hopefully, this reference is of use to you ricarmic..

I'm curious if you, or anyone else, has ever just accepted the PayPal address with "NOTPROVIDED" in it and purchased a label through PayPal shipping.

If so, does the "NOTPROVIDED" disappear and the label re formats correctly?

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

It happens very often, even today I printed a label to Switzerland. I need to remove the "not provided" which appeared in the "province" field.

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

Yesterday, I printed a label to Georgia (country), but I suddenly realized the buyer lives in Atlanta (Georgia, US). I needed to change the destination country and refunded the shipping fee difference.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

I have left it on by mistake and I'm fairly sure that it did NOT disappear
Message 45 of 51
latest reply

Thanks PJ - Good too know. 

I had hoped that , like the formatting to a Canadian address; all would be good, if you purchased the label with unmade changes. 

Since I'm obviously way too concerned about this, I have to continue to check the formatting to the destination country. Bu, as I mentioned before ( ... the snow Castle), sometimes you receive an unexpected bonus.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
I have left it on by mistake and I'm fairly sure that it did NOT disappear

I've had two international packages today that had the "Not Provided"  and they did not show on the final printed labels,  Maybe Paypal has actually made a good change in their shipping software. 

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@bigscotty wrote:

For example, every Canadian address is shown with the Postal Code as the last line.

Humm... that is how it should be if there is not enough space. A Canadian address must read as follow:

First Name - Last Name

Number - Street - Apt or Suite

Town (Province)  Postal Code

or

First Name - Last Name

Number - Street - Apt or Suite

Town (Province)

Postal Code

I am a secretary by the way, so I know for sure that what I'm saying is correct 😉

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

I am not a secretary.  I am the president of the company Smiley Wink  and Canada Post offers these standards:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGaddress-e.asp?ecid=murl10006450#1417752 .

Civic address – Delivery information comprised of the following elements:

• Unit number should be placed in one of the following locations:

Unit Number Location
Example
before the civic number with a hyphen in between
NOTE:
Do not include a unit identifier, e.g. APT, when using this format.
after the street type, using an acceptable unit identifier (see Table 3: Unit designators for a complete list of unit designators)
on the line above the street information
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Shipped today to:  CANADIAN  (apparently this city located in Texas) Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Just printed one for IVALO FInland and the "NOT PROVIDED" did not disappear on it. So it beats me on how sometimes it gets removed and sometimes it doesn't.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply