I sent a CD to Belgium and the buyer said she got earrings instead?

I sent a CD to Belgium and the buyer said she got earrings instead?  I told her that I don't sell earrings, only CD's and for her to send me a picture of the label?    This is a new one for me!!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: I sent a CD to Belgium and the buyer said she got earrings instead?

The "Not as described" term does not exist anymore at eBay. The buyer has to file a "return" case. Then he will have the choice to select the reason - at that step, I believe the NAD reason is available.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Well would you believe after all this, he got the CD today.  I asked him to take a picture of the envelope and label just for my info for future. 

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

An extra WOW, we should start up a "sellers stories" book of all the weird things that have happened over the years!

This one would be in it for sure!!!!

The best news is it all turned out ok (except for all the time you lost on it) in the end!
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

That's great though really odd.  It sounds like they got 2 items and whoever ordered the earrings not zero!

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

Paypay keeps the $0.30 flat fee and refunds the rest.

Is that true?   I recently issued refunds and PP kept the entire fee each time.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

@sylviebee 

That may be because your listings are on created on dot com. I guess going forward a bit of a downside.

-Lotz

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

They should only be keeping the .30.   Can you give an example of how the refund looks on PP?   
if PP fees were originally $1.30,  then  everything except $1 would be refunded by you and PP would refund the $1 to the buyer.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

It isn't related to which site you list on.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

@maximus7001 wrote:

Paypay keeps the $0.30 flat fee and refunds the rest.

Is that true?   I recently issued refunds and PP kept the entire fee each time.

Since you have been around from 2001 on ebay, you might be on the American side of PayPal which is now keeping the entire fee.  I'm assuming you refunded through the transaction and not through Paypal's send money.

For my last refund, PayPal just kept 30 cents, the rest of the fee was refunded.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Post deleted, I misunderstood the question.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

Curiosity question. Does PayPal keep the entire transaction fee for sites other than eBay? If so, will this not hurt PayPal as a business? Or is it just eBay and PayPal fighting because eBay is starting their own managed payments?
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Yes I believe it is USA based PayPal accounts that no longer get any fees refunded on any portion of refunds.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

I just sent a bunch of packages via ChitChats. Not great to hear that they're mislabeling items. I don't usually buy the insurance, but to me, mislabeling is not the carriers fault - and therefore doesn't sound insurable. If your tracking # says delivered, but it was delivered to the wrong person, there's no claim to speak of.

Anyone know if insurance would cover a SNAD due to a ChitChats eff-up?
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

Now someone is missing a pair of earrings! Poor buyer and seller, they're going be so confused.

Not reassuring to hear that Asendia could mislabel things. Using their tracking is pretty much the only reason I'd drive all the way out to use CCE on the odd international shipment...
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Exactly...so if Ascendia mislabels your item, and it's "delivered" to the wrong address, what exactly should happen? Insurance wouldn't cover it - it's delivered. INR wouldn't work, it's delivered.

This is a new risk I hadn't even thought of...
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

~~Smile for the day~~

What would made this even more ironic was if had ordered/received a CD by Golden Earring.

Just Earrings.jpg

-Lotz

Message 36 of 36
latest reply