I sent a CD to Belgium and the buyer said she got earrings instead?

I sent a CD to Belgium and the buyer said she got earrings instead?  I told her that I don't sell earrings, only CD's and for her to send me a picture of the label?    This is a new one for me!!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@musicyouneed 

Customs may have done a random inspection. They do those from time to time, looking for anything concealed.  This is why along with the customs label that goes on package I also include a to and from address on the pkg along with a packing slip noting the contents inside the pkg. I mark it customer copy. Customs thinks any paperwork is for their records only. It's not 100 percent perfect but works for me. She could try to explain to the post office but it may be long gone and end up being a cookie jar situation.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

perhaps she has mixed up her purchases/sellers and has confused you with another seller? I'd be looking for a picture  of the package with the label/names/addresses.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

i agree with mrdutch, they probably got their purchases mixed up, otherwise i too, would ask for a photo of the mailing envelope..

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

I haven't yet got a reply or picture yet from the buyer but I may ask her to send me the earrings, I am sure they are worth more than the $6.99 CD.  What do you think?  I also insured this delivery with Chit Chat's would they cover that?

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

The odds are exceptionally high that the buyer has you and or the order confused with another seller.

In the last couple months I have had a few of these, which is not unusual for my customer base.

Don't sweat things until you hear back from them. 99 % chance they'll advise they had you confused with someone else.
Message 6 of 36
latest reply

According to the tracking it shows it was delivered today and according to his feedback, he/she just orders music.  I will have to wait to see the pictures the buyer sends me.  

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Well, buyer sent me pictures.

This is my response to him:

Definitely the address label is not what I printed and put on the envelope, not my return address nor my business name.  The tracking # is correct for the CD's.  However, I do use ascendia shipping, I use white poly envelopes and not brown and maybe ascendia repacks everything before it goes over to Europe. Do not worry you will not be out the money for the CD or shipping. I might get you to send me the earrings (I will pay for it) at least I might be able to sell them to make up for my loss on the money for the CD and shipping.

This is a strange one, I need to check with my shipping company and ebay. Again you don't need to worry about not getting your money back. I am so sorry for the mixup, I will be in contact with you on Wed.

So sorry,

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Wow this has become very interesting/weird, let us know what you hear back from the shipping company!!
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I haven't yet heard from Chit Chats and will let you know what they say.

Should I have the buyer complete a not as described or should I just refund through ebay paypal, I think I get a ding either way?

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Do the not as described then refund through there right away and you get the final value fee back and no defect. You only get a defect if you fight and loose a nad case. Paypay keeps the $0.30 flat fee and refunds the rest.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Then send her the return shipping by paypal family and friends.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

It is better to send the shipping amount through the send money function rather than friends and family.  Then if the buyer doesn't return the item then the seller may be able to put in a claim with Paypal as the buyer didn't provide the 'service' (shipping the item back) that the seller paid for.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

If they file a not as described claim you get a mark against your service metrics but that won't affect you unless you have quite a few snads.  Then you can refund through ebay and automatically get back your fvf.  If you refund through PP you may have to phone ebay to get your fvf back. Also, in some cases ebay considers a full refund through PP as an out of stock refund and give you an oos defect.  I don't know how often that happens though.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

My perhaps incorrect understanding is that the BOTS assume a full paypal refund without any ebay messages from the buyer's id counts as an OOS (out of stock) situation.

I believe this because I gave a buyer a full PAYPAL refund who had messaged me from a different ID than the one they purchased the item from. I got a BOTed defect as a result. The CSR I talked to discovered this and let me know, and deleted it for me, however as a note two times I got different eBay CSR's to "fix" (delete the defect) it but it never went away so I gave up asking. (I assumed the BOTs just put it back again)

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

@musicyouneed 

On the flipside there is a customer walking about the UK wearing a cd for jewelry.  🙂

-Lotz

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

That's how I understand it too.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Update:

I spoke with chit chat and when it goes through Asendia US, all parcels are relabeled to whatever postal service they will be using.  Chit chat said it looks as though they just stuck the wrong label on the wrong parcel.  They said it has happened before but not that often.    They told me to file with the insurance which I take out on all international and I have.  

I called ebay and they told me to tell the buyer to report the item not as described.  I then can issue a refund right away and will get my fees back.  

As far as the earrings go, I had the buyer cost out how much to send to Canada and he told me it would be about 10 euros, I am not that interested in paying out 10 euros for earrings I don't really like.  I told him to give it to a girlfriend or family. 

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

I sent a message to the buyer to file a claim for not as described.  He responded, Thanks for your help. However, I can't file a claim because eBay mentions than the conditions aren't respected.

I don't really know what he means.  He is from Belgium so there may be a language barrier.  

What should I tell him, maybe he should look at I want to return this item?

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

I would message him back letting him know I don't understand what he means in the sentence about the conditions not being respected and ask if he could please clarify.

As an alternative, since you don't want the item back anyway, you can have him put in an item not received, when you do the refund in that scenario you'll get your fees back still as well and no defect.
Message 20 of 36
latest reply