Is eBay losing it?

Have they lost their collective mind in San Jose?

Just received a special offer in "my messages" and by email:

http://view.seller.ebay.com/?j=fec11774716d0574&m=fe9613707567027b76&ls=fe25167576630d7e711273&l=fef...

eBay wants me to open a store and gives me all types of discounts for a free trial!

Don't they know I already have an eBay store?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Is eBay losing it?

Has ebay been taking management lessons from the misgovernment of Ontario?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

It is an upgrade to a premium store. Try it for the balance of the month and then, if you do not remember to de-select it, Then hit you with the $199.99 fee.

My email said the trial was being extended. How do they extend something I never received?

FD, eBay listings are the red-headed stepchild of revenue for The Mother Corp. I fully believe they use it as a loss-leader to get people into their system of pick-pocketing.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

I received the original email last month on this account. Yesterday I rec'd the special offer email saying that the offer had been extended but it was sent to my other account where I already have a store (like Pierre). I would really like to have had the offer sent to this account since I have been thinking of updating to a store on this one as well.

Never actually rec'd the email in "my messages" though, just in my email.

I have yet to figure out some of the things ebay does. If they had sent  the email to me for this account, I might have taken them up on it.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Yes I got it today too, both in email and in ebay messaging..... 

Has anyone noticed anything strange about their May store subscription fees???

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

"anything strange"

???

I just checked my May invoice and the montly store fee was added normally.  Nothing "strange" about it.

What am I missing?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Oh no! Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, my basic store subscription fee shows I was charged $26.11, normally it is 17.51. Did the fees change and we weren't told about it? I don't remember any announcement!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Well as far as I can see, I did not have one in May, however May was my renewal month, and it is possible they changed how it shows up (is your May one still under the heading "subscription and onetime fees"? That is where it was for me in April, I have no such row in May). My expectation is that I'll get dinged for two this month....
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Hi MMaggie, umm I like what happened to mine a lot better - so far, see my response to Pierre.....
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

I should mention that the 17.51 I quoted for April does vary slightly by a few cents due to the exchange fluctuation from USD to CDN. But, $26.11 is waaaay out of line.

Another ebay glitch I imagine.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Don't you love all the smiling people below the ad?  Who are those people?  I want to be a millionaire too 😞

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Lucky you ricarmic! I'm glad that you mentioned it though, although I check my invoices I could have missed that.

Sure hope we get our Weekly Board Hour session with Raphael and the gang this Wednesday! That`s the second problem affecting my store account.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Yes I also chuckled about the happy people pictures and the eBay millionaire(s) comment...certainly I doubt they are stamp sellers! Of course it would greatly help me on my road to millionairism if they'd quit charging fees at all!! (I would be a smiley face for them too!)
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

MMaggie... I doubt it is luck I strongly suspect it is just delayed pain......
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Ric, maybe you got a break and they divided your fees up amongst the rest of us! Woman LOL

Message 15 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

I just checked my subscription fees and I was charged $99.90, I have a premium store, it should be $49.95, so I don't know what has happened. I am not sure what this means

Subscription and onetime fees
Includes subscriptions and other monthly fees, such as an eBay store subscription, seller tool subscriptions, late fees , and declined payment fees

As far as I know, I don't have any of those other fees.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Tribe: Did you have a "month off" the month before? This is what I suspect has happened to me, and I'll have a doubled up one this month....yours looks like a double charge?
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Yes, you are correct, I had not noticed that. I knew my fees were low, but had put it down to reduced sales. I am glad you pointed that out, saves me a looooong phone call.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

Well, I can't figure mine out. I guess I'm in for the looooong phone call tomorrow!

I know that my yearly store subscription renewed on May 1st and the May payment is about 50% extra so I'm wondering if when they renewed my subscription they changed my billing dates? My April invoice was from Mar 16 to Apr 15 and the May one from April 16 to May 15. An explanation would have been nice though.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Is eBay losing it?

I got this on all my ID's, even the one that already has a store open

Message 20 of 23
latest reply