New listing tool again

I was saddled with having to use the new tool and did not like it at all.  We then learned the three dot trick and got back to normal.  Woke up this morning to find that I have been forced back into the new listing tool and the three dots have become useless.  Any other way to change back?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: New listing tool again

The other workaround is to make an existing (or Unsold) listing into a Template.

If using an Unsold listing, you must be careful not to list something you no longer own nor to accidentally list a duplicate.

But I have used a template to make other templates, so it works so far.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The other workaround is to make an existing (or Unsold) listing into a Template.

If using an Unsold listing, you must be careful not to list something you no longer own nor to accidentally list a duplicate.

But I have used a template to make other templates, so it works so far.

Quick observation doing an edit. Automatically defaulted to new form. The option for extended letter shipping is missing for shipping to USA. Quotes 4 to 6 and 4 to 7 business days. 15 days is MIA. (Available for Canada - on ca).  Additional charges display if you include any upgrades to listing. Otherwise shows 0 cost. Photo editor takes some getting used to plus font size options have been reduced.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I find it slower to create listings from "sell similar", seems like it loads as you scroll and tries to predict or suggest item specifics.  Also feedbck and FAQ are broken (lol) . 

oh well. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

According to latest weekly chat once eBay moves you over that’s it. You will no longer be able to go back
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Concur. Regardless how I open a saved template (the most recent circa May '22), it always loads in this new form.

BTW, anyone found a way to expand the default line count in text fields? A mere 30 or so characters by 1 1/2 lines visible has me scrolling almost every sentence.

CustomBundleField.jpg

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@motomike_canada wrote:

I find it slower to create listings from "sell similar", seems like it loads as you scroll and tries to predict or suggest item specifics.  Also feedbck and FAQ are broken (lol) . 

oh well. 

It's slow no matter how you create the listing. Also, if you enter item specifics while the form is thinking in the background, it sometimes forgets what you entered (or will pop up additional options, then put what you just entered into the new options that just popped up instead of what you clicked on). It's very frustrating.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Unable to load  prices for flat rate shipping to the USA.  Used to be able to select "International economy shipping" from the drop down menu and manually enter the cost.  Now can only choose between 5 different Canada Post rates.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

This was a horrible discovery for me as well today.

this is a terrible listing format....

I wish they could have left weel enough alone. it takes so much longer and is so much more convoluted than before. It is very bad.

Very very sad indeed......

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

It's slow no matter how you create the listing. Also, if you enter item specifics while the form is thinking in the background, it sometimes forgets what you entered (or will pop up additional options, then put what you just entered into the new options that just popped up instead of what you clicked on). It's very frustrating.

This just happened to me during revisions to an existing listing @flipistics. Initially, I thought the form had simply locked up, but you're right, it was still busy, busy, busy in the background.  Eventually, I had to hard refresh the page just to get it to respond again...yoiks!

Something tells me this is going to be a long, l-o-n-g winter...

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@sparx_63 wrote:

Unable to load  prices for flat rate shipping to the USA.  Used to be able to select "International economy shipping" from the drop down menu and manually enter the cost.  Now can only choose between 5 different Canada Post rates.

That option appears to have been skipped when the new listing form was released. Only options are 4-6 days and 4 to 7 days for letter. I've only created 1 listing and it did not appear to include handling time to total days. Those estimates would in theory only be to and from major points so those timeframes are not realistic.  According to application Small packet is quoting 5 to 8 days. As an example my orders using that service from Calgary can routinely take up to 7 days to arrive at LAX for processing. An extra day or 2 would be required (minimum) from a rural point in Alberta. Those estimates appear to be best case scenario without clearly stating that. From my testing with the CP calculator there is more time built into the formula when required.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Another thread of complaints about the new form which in untenably difficult to use for desktop and laptop listing.

How many sellers have praised the new format?

We used to have a Simplified form and an Advanced/Business form.

Since I suspect the new THNGVB form is aimed at the occasional/first time seller, why not make it the new Simplified form and bring back the Business form for those who will list more than one item a month?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I'm having additional problems with entering a UPC / ISBN number a lot of times too. You start typing, the first few digits then disappear, etc.

I suspect this is a state issue. I feel like the local app is communicating with the eBay server, which then sends a state to the browser overwriting the browser's current state, essentially overwriting anything that's happened since. This would allow for some neat features in the future on eBay's end like seamless listing from both desktop and phone on the same listing at the same time (loading photos from the phone but listing from the computer, for example), but the copy that's been modified last has to be the one preserved. I might be wrong about what the problem is though.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

My workaround is to not list anything on Ebay again.  Not practical for most sellers i suppose, but it works for me.  I am sick to death of them dumping poorly implemented, buggy garbage that nobody wants on us and using us to work out all the glitches.

Ebay has been promoting this new listing tool for months as the next great thing.  It is trash.  There are lots of other places to list now days.  Ebay better wake up and start listening to its sellers.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Another thread of complaints about the new form which in untenably difficult to use for desktop and laptop listing.

How many sellers have praised the new format?

We used to have a Simplified form and an Advanced/Business form.

Since I suspect the new THNGVB form is aimed at the occasional/first time seller, why not make it the new Simplified form and bring back the Business form for those who will list more than one item a month?

Hi @femmefan1946! Thank you for you feedback and I will be sure to share this with the Listing Tools team.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

if the new listing tool is intended to make it easier to list on mobile devices, and it's not working well for desktop and laptop users, wouldn't it be logical to let the old listing tool be used by desktop and laptop users and let the new  listing tool be used by mobile device users.  Instead of trying to cram a 'one size fits all' listing tool for everybody?  Isn't that sensible?

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

I'm having additional problems with entering a UPC / ISBN number a lot of times too. You start typing, the first few digits then disappear, etc.

I suspect this is a state issue. I feel like the local app is communicating with the eBay server, which then sends a state to the browser overwriting the browser's current state, essentially overwriting anything that's happened since. This would allow for some neat features in the future on eBay's end like seamless listing from both desktop and phone on the same listing at the same time (loading photos from the phone but listing from the computer, for example), but the copy that's been modified last has to be the one preserved. I might be wrong about what the problem is though.

Not seeing the issue you are reporting but results can and usually do vary user to user. I am seeing system not finding matches for UPC/ISBN's routinely. In the past they were returned majority of time except with Canadian re-issues. As for listing titles and preceeding eBay suggestions...That's a whole other can of worms. 

-Lotz

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

On Sept 17 2022 I wrote "Unable to load  prices for flat rate shipping to the USA.  Used to be able to select "International economy shipping" from the drop down menu and manually enter the cost.  Now can only choose between 5 different Canada Post rates."

On Sept 22 2022 when I was listing items I noticed all options were once again available.

Today, when attempting to list a draft copied and modified from an existing listing, NO International shipping options where available.

Also noticing 0 (zero) sales from USA since the "update" to the new listing format.  Still selling in Canada.  Unsure if it is just recession, or listings not available to be seen in USA ( also have had no USA offers available to send watchers) 

Unsure if shipping options for USA buyers are maybe unavialable to them (not the first time that has happened)

Anyone else having the same issues??

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Yes indeed...have most of my listings on 2 other selling sites and continue to get the rest moved over as well; and although I shall still maintain a presence on eBay with the monthly 250 alloted free listings(do not have a store and have no need for one as an occossional/infrequent seller = haven't had a sale on eBay for 3+months). The other 2 sites on which I list have been where my sales are coming from for the past 4 months...

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

oops didn't get that edited "haven't had a sale on eBay for 3+months" should have read "haven't had but 1 sale on eBay for 3+months"...

but the summer months are generally very S-L-O-W  for me so not really any drastic change there.

However, the views have been greatly improving, so that is a plus...

Message 20 of 20
latest reply