Not allowed to cancel an order!?

I went to cancel an order and ebay request me to add a credit card because i do not have the funds available on the platform. Is this a new thing? How this make any sense while they literally have access to my bank account with managed payments? I cannot cancel my buyer's order now. What the heck 

Capture - Copy (3).PNG

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Not allowed to cancel an order!?

It is set. I never had to add a credit card before. Payments were took from bank account

I'm freaking out right now 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

  

Message 21 of 61
latest reply

I want to refund. My payment method is linked. But i can't refund lol. Gonna take a selling defect for case closed without resolution if buyer open dispute. And my buyer will 100% be mad i hold his money. Will take negatives because of this. I'll have to shut down my stores if it's truly an update. This won't work. 

Message 22 of 61
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles

devon@ebay  

Was just spit-balling for an idea to try. I checked the help page and it mentions One Time Payment option. When I click on the link to do so there is no option available. I think I had noticed the same message from eBay for the 1 or 2 times I had no balance to cover shipping labels. A matter of timing when a sellers next sale will come in so they can cover a balance...or not.

Disclaimer: Unless that option ONLY displays when you have an amount due.

https://ppcapp.ebay.ca/myppc/wallet/list

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1709226910429.png

-Lotz

Message 23 of 61
latest reply

February 12th proof that i was not obligated to add a credit card and bank account was working before.

Capture.PNG

Message 24 of 61
latest reply

I agree...

I too do not want eBay to have a CC card on file, so anytime I have fees owing, etc, eBay sends notification that the charges will be taken from the bank account. (My account settings were re-verified in January, 2024... and yes there is the option to add and/or change the payment method> mine is set for the bank account on file)

I haven't had to do a refund in years so have no knowledge/no experience to draw on for what process eBay would follow for a refund, but I'd guess that eBay would take from the bank account on file, same as for any other expense when no pending funds on hand...

I suppose it is possible that there is some sort of specific reason for the issue/problem being incurred by OP...and that would be something that would have to be worked out between eBay and OP.

Message 25 of 61
latest reply

Yes I had the "red dot" as well, figured maybe I should add CC and when I clicked on update payment method it gave me options of bank account on file or credit card so I picked bank account on file and voila away went the red dot.

Interestingly they've been taking it out of my bank account already anyway despite the previous red dot on selling cost payment method....

Message 26 of 61
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 @ricarmic I suspect this was a "verification" on the OPers account. 

"(My account settings were re-verified in January, 2024... and yes there is the option to add and/or change the payment method> mine is set for the bank account on file)" this is what usually happens on a yearly basis, it is not big deal...

...just making sure they can recoup money from Sellers. 

In fact in the ebay policies they actually refer to this "situation" per say...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/refunding-buyers?id=5182

How refunds work

When you offer your buyer a refund, the amount will be paid from the total of your Available or Processing funds. If you don’t have enough funds to cover the cost of the refund, the amount will be paid from your linked checking account or an on-file payment method.

• For example, if you issue your buyer a $100 refund and only have $80 in Available and Processing funds, your payout checking account or on-file payment method will be used to fund the remaining $20

When eBay issues a refund to your buyer on your behalf due to an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or payment dispute, the amount will be deducted from the total of your Available or Processing funds.

If the total of your Available or Processing funds are insufficient to cover the outstanding amounts you owe, eBay will charge your on-file payment method for the remaining amounts owed within 14 days. We may add up the amounts you owe into a single charge. All the details related to these charges will be visible on your Financial statement.

Tip
You can choose a preferred on-file payment method to cover the refund amounts if your funds are insufficient. Make sure your payment method is up to date to avoid any charge failure.

Message 27 of 61
latest reply

It's not an account verification. When i posted the thread it was an order on my main selling account. Then yesteday same thing hapenned on this actual account. Both accounts faced the issue. 

Message 28 of 61
latest reply

Just tried by the support chat and automated system. Bot explain i can refund a buyer, etc. Suggest the order, i click. Then when i click on refund: 

Capture.PNG

Message 29 of 61
latest reply

Talking with chat support right now and they are totally clueless 🤣

Tried to make me leave the chat several times by just telling me to add a credit card or tell buyer to contact ebay (they'll just tell him to open a case it's obvious - then tell me to let it close aka selling defect). Does not fix the issue long term! 

Message 30 of 61
latest reply

And so?

Both accounts are operated by the same Seller/Person/Individual nes-pä?

If you are refunding Buyers, from different accounts eBay wants to know exactly how to get the money to make a refund(s) and from which source for each account...

I like many others have never had an issue or the multiple issues that seem to pass on by regarding managed payments.

If you only want the refunds to be taken from your bank account you can select as such, if you want to use a credit card you can add one, if not then you select the bank account option, and you get a notice when funds are charged to your bank account a few days in advance, really not complicated.

Message 31 of 61
latest reply

I like how you're totally clueless, act like you have answers and like i'm the one clueless 

Message 32 of 61
latest reply

So i got an actual answer. After insisting very hard with support they ended transfering me to another deparment. 

Actually this is the typical issue you see once in a while about problems between ebay and bank where everyone is clueless of why this is hapenning. 

Got told by an expert that the bank do not allow them to debit on my bank account anymore for whatever reason. Basically i'm told that this bank do not work with ebay (it's desjardins, one of the biggest). Was working 2 weeks ago... 

Message 33 of 61
latest reply

Lots of individuals give "Answers", but you disagree with most of them, as you disagree with eBay regularly, that's fine its the way you are...

But, as a wild guess, I am willing to bet that "Data Analytics" is playing a part in this situation for a multitude of historical reasons on the OPs accounts, which are between the OP and eBay.

And as a side note, It pretty much says that "other actions" can be taken on a "members" account in multiple places in the terms and conditions, and help section without saying what all those actions are, they list a few but imply others...

Message 34 of 61
latest reply

You so busy writting **bleep** that you're not even reading when actual information is posted:

So i got an actual answer. After insisting very hard with support they ended transfering me to another deparment. 

Actually this is the typical issue you see once in a while about problems between ebay and bank where everyone is clueless of why this is hapenning. 

Got told by an expert that the bank do not allow them to debit on my bank account anymore for whatever reason. Basically i'm told that this bank do not work with ebay (it's desjardins, one of the biggest). Was working 2 weeks ago... 

Message 35 of 61
latest reply

Still i do not have any fix to this situation. Could contacting bank or re-verified bank account work? 

Weirdest thing is that it was working 2 weeks ago. 

Message 36 of 61
latest reply

"that the bank do not allow them to debit on my bank account anymore for whatever reason." 

Yes it a you issue, as I am sure not ALL members with Desjardins accounts are having this issue, if they were it would be everywhere on social media.

Yes, Maybe you should talk to your bank regarding your account in regards to the "whatever reason".

Message 37 of 61
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

devon@ebay 

Any explanations about this situation? 

Resume of the thread: I'm asked and forced to add a credit card to refund/cancel an order. My bank account is and was always linked as selling costs payment method. But i cannot refund anymore. It tells me that because i have no funds available, i must add a credit card. We now are forced to add one now? Everyone without one will take selling defects because they can't refund if they have no funds available? While bank account is literally linked? Is it new or a glitch i face? 

Hi @rocketscollectibles! There are a few variables that go into us requesting a credit card to be able to refund/cancel an order but they are all account specific information that I would not be able to share here on Community. 

Message 38 of 61
latest reply

"There are a few variables that go into us requesting a credit card to be able to refund/cancel an order but they are all account-specific information that I would not be able to share here on Community."

You see I read everything...

As I said to you earlier "Data-Variables" play a large part in each member's account and impact those accounts in a multitude of different ways, you seem to have been given a response that shows, you need to provide a credit card or implies as much.

You see, I am not as "clueless" as you may think, been here for over 2 decades and understand "policy" and "risk management".

This is not a site issue, nor a bug, it's an account-specific issue that is between you and eBay.

Certain posters do air a lot of grievances on these boards about well many things, but it does make for good reading and allows me to put up factual eBay policy and my own opinions on these subjects.

Message 39 of 61
latest reply

This is not a site issue, nor a bug, it's an account-specific issue that is between you and eBay.

I just talked with the dedicated support and they confirmed me this is a between ebay and bank issue. And nothing with my ebay account. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Message 40 of 61
latest reply