Problems with making an offer to watchers

So I know I've done it before - for all the good it did, but I know I did it -  I just can't seem to figure out how I did it. If I go through the new sellers dashboard when I'm on the US (.com) message board I can see the items that I would be able to send an offer but when I try to do it there I get an error message and the offer doesn't complete. If I go through the new sellers dashboard when I'm here (.ca) it doesn't even show me the make an offer button on any of my listings... has something changed and it's only available to .com users? All of my listings are through .ca...

Thanks for any help/advise you might have!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems with making an offer to watchers

15 REPLIES 15

Although I don't have any experience with the offer to watchers feature, I do know that if your listings are on .ca, then any application of the feature would have to occur on .ca.

However, if I remember correctly, the last time I had watchers on any of my listings there was no offer feature present for those listings whether they were on .ca or .com.( I list on both)

Hopefully someone who has had recent experience with the offers to watchers feature will come along to assist.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I have done it by using the drop-down menu on the active listing summary page.  The item is called "make offer" and exists if you have any watchers.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@daisydaisy999 

On the active listings page there is a tab at the top. You may need to expand. There should be 1 called Send Offers - Eligible. Those would be the only ones where the option is available. It updates whenever a new watcher joins the party. Still no actual physical tracking of offers sent. I have 2 offers on an item priced to sell at 4.95. Possibly not in their budget at this time.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I don't seem to have that tab - I looked in .com and .ca - there is one called most watchers - in .ca it will just show me the the ones that have watchers, in .com it will show the button to make an offer but I get an "offer can't be submitted" message when I try to use it... don't really know why I don't have this tab then...

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Again, go to the active listings summary page. There will be a column called "actions". These are drop-down menus for each active listing. There you will see "send offer".
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

For myself, I don't have any watchers on any of my current listings to test out or check any further...

With no watchers , when I click on the actions page the only options I have for anything related to offers is "Add Best Offer" and I don't use "Best Offer"...

so I guess I'll need to wait till I get a watcher on a listing to check this all out, as this is much different than a few months ago when the "Send Offer" to watchers feature was first introduced...

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have taken a long and hard look at my Active Selling page and there is no actions column and the only drop down menu is a one called sort with a most watchers option but that is the only thing related to watchers and even when I click it still doesn't take me anywhere that gives me an option to send offers. Not sure why I am not seeing the same thing you get...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Just as a matter of interest, are you using Seller Hub or Selling Manager?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Yes, you must be using Seller Hub for this feature.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I must be on the wrong one then but I have no idea how to get to the other - when I'm on this board  I just go to the selling option in the dropdown for my ebay - I usually use classic view but even in the new view there is no send offer option. The confusing part is when I do the same thing but from the US forum (so .com instead of .ca) I can see the send offer option but I can't actually do it from there - I get an error.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Hello @daisydaisy999 

Give this one a shot. Fingers crossed.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/lst/active?pill_status=sioEligible&action=search

-Lotz

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

you are a genius (or I am a moron, but let's go with you being a genius)! Works perfectly - many thanks!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

thanks very much!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply