Sales dropped off a cliff on Friday.

I have been selling quite well for July, at least 2 or 3 a day, so far 30 sales up to Thursday July 13.  Now nothing, usually each weekend I would have at least 5 to 6 sales.  It is like ebay turned my lights off.  I'm wondering if other have noticed or is it only me?

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: Sales dropped off a cliff on Friday.

Hi MJ, you're funny.  I don't analyse things too much.  All I know is that I sell on .com and .ca and I have about 60% on .com and .40% on .ca (listings).  I am moving more of listings from .ca to .com.  From my experience as limited as it is:  US buyers tend to buy on .com.  See my records below.  I can go back 90 days and the same thing will show.  I have 1 US buyer who has been buying my Solitudes CD's so the 4 or 5 CD's that show listed on .ca sold to a US buyer, it is the one US buyer.  For me, other than the one buyer I am surprised when a US buyer buys off .ca, it just rarely happens for me.  

sales1.jpgsales2.jpgsales3.jpgsales4.jpg

Message 61 of 131
latest reply

Are you getting the Paypal sales performance reports?  They come to be via email.  

I find them very useful, if rather brief and limited, but they do have information that isn't provided on Seller Hub.  I especially like getting the data breakdown on domestic vs. international sales in one pie chart.  Frankly, I miss Omniture, I used it a lot to make marketing decisions.  Of all the features eBay has removed, that's the one I regret losing the most.  Seller Hub data really doesn't compare. 

Message 62 of 131
latest reply

No, I don't have a Business Account since I could never understand the reason to upgrade. Is this the reason? Some of my sales go to Local Pickup which is Cash Payment so PayPal records for me would show only part of the picture. Still, I might like to see one.
Message 63 of 131
latest reply

Hi Rose, I get those reports too. 

paypal1.jpgpaypal2.jpg

Message 64 of 131
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Hi Rose, I get those reports too. 

paypal1.jpgpaypal2.jpg

Are you paying $35 a month to PayPal to get that type of report?

Message 65 of 131
latest reply

I don't pay anything that I am aware of.

Message 66 of 131
latest reply

I just have a plain business account, it is only the pro that you pay $35 per month. 

paypal pro.jpg

Message 67 of 131
latest reply

Nowhere on my PayPal account have I ever seen an option to generate reports  Believe me, I've looked at every inch of that site and haven't found anything.  I've heard people talking about their various reports and I assumed that they had paid for a business account..

Message 68 of 131
latest reply

Maybe Rose can help.  I don't know how I did it, or at least can't remember.  "Senior"

Message 69 of 131
latest reply

I'd like that report. It looks interesting.
Message 70 of 131
latest reply

I get the email too.

I do not know how come I started getting it, I didn't do anything to provoke it, I've not changed my PAYPAL status etc in years....

I suspect it was an improvement they implemented a couple months ago....

i don't think it is visible/findeable within PAYPAL, if it is, I don't know where it is.....

Message 71 of 131
latest reply

It is extremely useful, far more than most of the new data tracking that eBay provides, mainly because it tells you where your buyers are coming from.  

I started getting these on a monthly basis several months ago, but I didn't request them or make any specific application on Paypal for them.  I don't think you can.  

I thought perhaps they might be providing them to legacy sellers (I've had a Paypal account for over 15 years) as some sort of courtesy, I really don't know, but I'm happy to get them.  Perhaps 'musicyouneed' could tell us how long she's been selling on eBay and that might be a clue.  Otherwise, I have no idea, sorry! 

Message 72 of 131
latest reply

How long have you been on eBay (whether this ID or another), using Paypal?  As I said, this could be a "longtime member" courtesy.  

Or it could simply be a random test, but I haven't seen any requests from Paypal for feedback about the service.  I just hope they keep it up, it's a nice touch. 

Message 73 of 131
latest reply

I have had a Paypal account since they started and have never seen or got any of these, now I feel left out.

Message 74 of 131
latest reply

I've been on ebay since 2002 and selling since 2003.  I've been getting those reports since July 2016.  

I seem to recall I changed my personal paypal account to the basic business account and I don't know if that is what generated those reports.  I think I had to change it because I sell on other venues too.  I can't remember, sorry.

Message 75 of 131
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I have had a Paypal account since they started and have never seen or got any of these, now I feel left out.

I googled information on PayPal reports.  I found several web pages that detailed how to find and generate reports; however, they all began with the tab "History" then "Download History" and customize the information you want in the report.

I guess this might have been available in the old "classic" version and not the new one.  It beats me!

Message 76 of 131
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I've been on ebay since 2002 and selling since 2003.  I've been getting those reports since July 2016.  

I seem to recall I changed my personal paypal account to the basic business account and I don't know if that is what generated those reports.  I think I had to change it because I sell on other venues too.  I can't remember, sorry.

I've had a business account for a number of years and don't receive that particular report. It doesn't seem to be accessible anywhere within the account settings so I would assume this is something they've opted people in to. My ebay and paypal accounts go back to near launch of both.

Message 77 of 131
latest reply

It may be like ebay promotions, so get it and some don't.  I do find them helpful, especially reminding me that I need to gear my listings to cell phones too.

Message 78 of 131
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

I've had a business account for a number of years and don't receive that particular report. It doesn't seem to be accessible anywhere within the account settings so I would assume this is something they've opted people in to. My ebay and paypal accounts go back to near launch of both.

It's nice to be treated special for a change..... although I'd prefer to get a special lower currency conversion rate instead!

Message 79 of 131
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

It's nice to be treated special for a change..... although I'd prefer to get a special lower currency conversion rate instead!

Maybe it's the tradeoff for having a lower merchant rate, they refuse to send me the spiffy reports with pictures and such. Tradeoffs abound it would seem!

Message 80 of 131
latest reply