You had a sale emails

Not sure if I had anything to do with this whatsoever but recently suggested to support removing the message .....<Insert partial item here.... has been listed..Check our selling tips to increase your selling sucess......For the majority of sellers it was a useless repeat of unnecessary information and made locating listings emails challenging. As of this morning, seeing the following for sales:  You made the sale for  <Insert full item title here> vs the previous Your item sold....Get ready to.....Hopefully this change will be of help to others. So far no update on the listing side. Does make a sale a little bit more visible on the email side.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You had a sale emails

While on the subject of the new (not improved) "sold notifcation" email...unlike the previous ones used, there does not seem to be an easy link to the buyer..should you wish to do something as silly as, well...contact them!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@snoopwiz wrote:

While on the subject of the new (not improved) "sold notifcation" email...unlike the previous ones used, there does not seem to be an easy link to the buyer..should you wish to do something as silly as, well...contact them!

@snoopwiz 

In their desire to streamline they have been making things that used to be easy to do much more multi-step. Same goes for hiding the custom messages from the buyer that they used to be able to leave. Very easy to miss.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

i haven't received any sale notification emails from Ebay in over 2 months.  All other emails from ebay i receive fine, but not getting any sale notification ones.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@fergua3 wrote:

i haven't received any sale notification emails from Ebay in over 2 months.  All other emails from ebay i receive fine, but not getting any sale notification ones.

You may want to look at either checking your selling settings for mail or adding a secondary email address. If that doesn't work you may need to contact ebay for a solution. All it "can" take is inadvertently moving a mail to spam and things stop.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

I have all the ebay emails automatically filtered to folders when they arrive so I never see them. Some days I get like 70 if someone buys like 30 cards, its way to much clutter, miss the 1 paypal email for a 30 item order!!!!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

well, as it turns out, i am getting the new 'made a sale' emails.  Got my first one yesterday; it's the first sale notification i've gotten from Ebay in 2 months +.   Another seamless transition by Ebay...   🙄

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

Got my first "made a sale" email yesterday too. Personally, I much preferred the one that said "Your Item Sold!"  Seemed a much more positive message.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

Me too.  It is a sign of to many policy type wonks thinking they are adding value and shifting paradigms.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Got my first "made a sale" email yesterday too. Personally, I much preferred the one that said "Your Item Sold!"  Seemed a much more positive message.

It was also easier to spot when it pops up in your phone notifications. I thought the new one was spam when I first saw it. In the grand scheme of things though, this is pretty minor.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

Arggh, Your Item Sold! worked just fine. Would eBay staff/admins just stop changing things that don't need to be changed? What a waste of tax dollars seller fees... 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

yep, it's just somebody trying to look busy ..the sale notification emal has changed 3 times in the last 5 years.  How is that possibly necessary?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

I preferred doing my feedback from the Your item sold email, now you have to go to sold items and then you get the generic feedback and is more complicated.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@fergua3 wrote:

yep, it's just somebody trying to look busy ..the sale notification emal has changed 3 times in the last 5 years.  How is that possibly necessary?

From a personal perspective all I wanted to see was Item sold and what it was without all the added eBay spam information. It was redundant after the first time it showed up that way. How they should appear for ALL ebay mail. Only the facts!!!

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

From a personal perspective all I wanted to see was Item sold and what it was without all the added eBay spam information. It was redundant after the first time it showed up that way. How they should appear for ALL ebay mail. Only the facts!!!

-Lotz

Maybe eBay could compromise and let US customize the sold notification emails. Then everybody would be happy.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

You had a sale emails

@flipistics wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@fergua3 wrote:

-Lotz

Maybe eBay could compromise and let US customize the sold notification emails. Then everybody would be happy.

From my testing there is little in the way in customizing with any of the most recent changes. According to eBay compromises are verboten.  So WYSIWYG!!!

-Lotz

Message 16 of 16
latest reply