Score is --Zero

Start Your Listing

OK but all my drafts are in the way

Score is --Zero

Templates

Why can I only see 10 out of 50?

Score is --Zero

Trying to start my listing eBay but all I see is snow

Start your engines eBay, the format is like staring into a snowstorm.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: eBay New Listing Format Review

Anywhere to give feedback about this change and also give a 0/10?

I'm trying to list new items... I barely edited a few pictures and specifics on drafts, it took me 15 minutes. For ONE listing! For me it's laggy the tool making crash my browser. There's a delay between each edit and saving the listing

Seems like a lot of sellers will stop to list with this change. I just don't understand. Personally i can't list anymore

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

I'm trying to list new items... I barely edited a few pictures and specifics on drafts, it took me 15 minutes. For ONE listing! For me it's laggy the tool making crash my browser. There's a delay between each edit and saving the listing

Seems like a lot of sellers will stop to list with this change. I just don't understand. Personally i can't list anymore

@rocketscollectibles 

Does it also look to you that they've changed the arrangement of shipping services? Either that or it's only something that happens when you try to edit. Very klunky grouping.

-Lotz

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

The whole thing is changed. I don't know but i click on buttons and my pages freeze non-stop. I scroll down and the page stay blank many seconds. I click on specifics and nothing happen. It's just totally broken for me. Firefox tell me to close the page cause it slow down my browser

I had 5-6 listings to upload pictures and edit specifics, just edit... I've been on this for one hour. I'm just done listing on eBay until it's fixed. It's like suddently my computer can't run, but it's just from eBay

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

The fashion these days is to have a glaring white screen with as little on it as possible, preferably with minute icons and text in a small font and pastel colours that's hard to read. We wouldn't want to have things too easy, would we?

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

@aramatic wrote:

The fashion these days is to have a glaring white screen with as little on it as possible, preferably with minute icons and text in a small font and pastel colours that's hard to read. We wouldn't want to have things too easy, would we?

Hey...I use red to make something stand out for those 1 or 2 buyers that don't read. Eliminating red? Not cool!!!

-Lotz

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles 

When you are using the listing form click on the  ... on the top right and then click on 'your feedback'

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

This listing page kinds sucks, its slow! I just got switched over Yesterday.

I don't like clicking on things and waiting for popup windows, thats slow.

When I click "list it" its takes a minimum of 10-20 seconds to actually list the listing, thats  excessive compared to what it used to be 3-5 ceconds!

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

I take back what I said last Oct 6. It seemed easier because I used "sell similar". Starting a new listing from scratch is a nightmare! I'm searching for everything!!

Also, we can't see how much the listing cost us??

I tried to give my feedback, but I got an error message when I sent it. And when I click on the FAQ... page is blank. Who implemented this without even finishing it???

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I take back what I said last Oct 6. It seemed easier because I used "sell similar". Starting a new listing from scratch is a nightmare! I'm searching for everything!!

Also, we can't see how much the listing cost us??

I tried to give my feedback, but I got an error message when I sent it. And when I click on the FAQ... page is blank. Who implemented this without even finishing it???

@lady.stark 

If you happen to do some sort of listing upgrade with a fee attached, the cost will show at the bottom before you send to eBay otherwise it will be 0.00. The next worry would be if fees would come from a balance or directly from bank/cc vs being billed monthly like in the past?

-Lotz

As a side note, if you add a service to a listing or some kind of upgrade, that information (as reported by others) and my own observations gets moved to the next listing you create. Example: Adding home pick up or a specific shipping service(s). You have to watch closely for that.

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

Here's a screenshot of "Page Left & Right". Of course I watermarked it. I don't want someone to steal my photo and make posters... 

Maybe we should discontinue this thread or eBay may decide to fill the empty space advertising high end used sneakers or two guys in shorts and an ugly yellow corvette 🙂itwm watermarks.jpg

Message 30 of 51
latest reply

In attempting to create a new listing today (Oct 8, 2022) received the following error message. 

New listing tool error message.jpg

By adding Xpresspost Canada error message updates to this.

New listing tool error message2.jpg

In body of listing you see this error(s) message. 

New listing tool error message3.jpg

Item package weight entered is 600 grams. Measurements are 21 x 15 x 3 cms so within past guidelines.

First time seeing these error messages. Someone has tinkered and oopsied!!!

-Lotz

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

And the Solution is....

Brick & Mortar.... ;>

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

And the Solution is....

Brick & Mortar.... ;>

@intimewithmusic 

You would think for something that sellers depend on, beta testers would have or did see any flaws before this new tool was released. Did anyone listen? I know when it was in the testing stage on dot com there were loads of reports of problems and shortcomings. Many that have been again reported when it was dropped on ca.  For them to be tinkering with bits and pieces after the fact? Doesn't sound like how an implemention should be completed.

-Lotz

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

This  may be new to Canadians but this is last year's beta.

Call it what you want... "Work In Progress" or "Unfinished Business". Someone dropped the ball. Personally I'm ignoring it and listing through the kaos.  I don't use Small Packet or Lettermail. None of the tracked services are affected.  (So far). 

In their effort to "modernize" things cell phones aren't the "end all be all" . The designer's forgot  serious sellers use old obselete devices called "computers".   We want fast filling linear forms. Any is empty "tall" space simply means more keystrokes and more scrolling. EG: The worst thing to put in any form is       E                    M                      P          T                   Y      ......                   ....                     S                           P                        A                                      C                                E.

The issue will be corrected. Currently the form looks like my 1990,s  DOS 'Framework" form to register music students. I'm qualified to say that .  I built the 1990sDOS Framework form to register music students. 

Considering the YouTuber reviews eBay knows there's a problem.

Best thing to do now that 4th Q is here is forget about gliches and list as much as you can. Forget about the stuff we can't do anything about. 

PS    And eat as much turkey as you can... 

Happy TG Lotz!

IT

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

devon@ebay  Hi Devon, I don't often chime in. We have not yet connected  but the new listing form is awkward. Many seem to have shipping policy issues.

Are you doing a Canadian review on both the form and the error msgs identifed in this thread? 

Thanks!

ITWM

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

as per usual eBay is true to form= Canadian sellers/.CA site does not count/does not matter... it is but a wee insignificant part of the whole...nothing gets fixed on the .CA site and/or takes forever and ever, if ever, so don't hold your breath on this one!

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

In attempting to create a new listing today (Oct 8, 2022) received the following error message. 

New listing tool error message.jpg

By adding Xpresspost Canada error message updates to this.

New listing tool error message2.jpg

In body of listing you see this error(s) message. 

New listing tool error message3.jpg

Item package weight entered is 600 grams. Measurements are 21 x 15 x 3 cms so within past guidelines.

First time seeing these error messages. Someone has tinkered and oopsied!!!

-Lotz

The above described issue is still in affect this morning. According to another seller a similar problem is being reported on Facebook. In speaking to CS via chat, their only suggestion was to clear cache/cookies or try a different browser. Same results by doing that. CS says this issue has not been reported. A ticket will be opened. Only suggestion was just try again in 24 to 48 hours. Will try SELL SIMILAR shortly but not looking forward to that as a solution for creating new listings. If anyone else gets this error, please update this post. Thanks.

-Lotz

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

devon@ebay  Hi Devon, I don't often chime in. We have not yet connected  but the new listing form is awkward. Many seem to have shipping policy issues.

Are you doing a Canadian review on both the form and the error msgs identifed in this thread? 

Thanks!

ITWM

Hi @intimewithmusic! I am sharing what sellers are reporting to myself to the Listing Tools team as errors and questions come up!

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

Hello devon@ebay ,

I have been trying to list new items for the past few days and I keep getting the message:

"Something went wrong

The page can't be loaded at this time. Please try again later."

How am I supposed to list anything new if I cannot open the "Create listing" page?

Thanks.

gwrocen

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Glad I use flat rate shipping on .com.   My biggest beef is the slowness of the photo editing.  Click a photo and it can take 10-15 seconds to load the first time.   I have 3 categories of smalls to list with 200 to 400 items in each category.  They are simple repetitive listings and I should be able to crank em out much quicker.

Message 40 of 51
latest reply