Score is --Zero

Start Your Listing

OK but all my drafts are in the way

Score is --Zero

Templates

Why can I only see 10 out of 50?

Score is --Zero

Trying to start my listing eBay but all I see is snow

Start your engines eBay, the format is like staring into a snowstorm.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: eBay New Listing Format Review

I use "sell similar" so don't have to deal with that issue...plus I have a pre-filled template for each category in which I list, so that only photos need to be added and any edits to attributes/item specifics, additions/deletions of any info ...

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

100% agree !!

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

@raanana wrote:

100% agree !!

Or just give folks a decent opportunity to test drive with the option to return to the original. Versus this here it is...Like it or lump in mentality!! It's only an improvement if it is!!!

-Lotz

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Another twist.  When listing the option to require immediate payment is not shown on the computer web page, but it is in the phone app.  On the computer you need to click "Ebay Managed Payments" to see the option for immediate payments.  

Message 45 of 51
latest reply

I don't even see 0.00 there is nothing at the bottom

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

I got charged for Gallery plus on 3 listings, so there goes 3.50 a nd it was an adventure to find how to turn off, its not even at the top with photos is in some other section below the description box. Didn't get a pop up warning I was going to be paying 1.00+ tax when listing wold have been nice!

Its still very slow and clunky, I used to be able to list a ton of sports card listings quick now I have to have 10 tabs open, upload photos and details for all 10 and just press list, list, list etc and by the time I get to the 10th the 1st is posted.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

Another twist.  When listing the option to require immediate payment is not shown on the computer web page, but it is in the phone app.  On the computer you need to click "Ebay Managed Payments" to see the option for immediate payments.  

@intimewithmusic 

@regs43 

@lady.stark 

This morning in the process of creating a new listing inadvertently/magically ended up on the old listing form.. Complete with additional fonts, full text colour palette, sizes and extra awesome design options. Filled in IS's quickly without redoing some multiple times.  Took minutes to create a presentable listing. To test an edit it brought me to the new form without the above mentioned options.

In speaking to another seller that routinely preps a listing with app and completes on laptop, they were recently switched to the new listing form. Their comments without expletives were works great for App...Missing numerous features with PC. Extremely annoying to use. To express politely...They were not impressed.

-Lotz

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Hi Devon,

Thanks for the reply. I rec'd a notice today in messages about the tool. The use of video is mentioned. It seems to be a topic  mentioned once in awhile. Your predessesor  here in the Canadian forum said videos weren't going to come to the Canadian listings. Today's message contradicts that. Can you comment as to if we will see that feature in the new listing tool? Thanks. InTime

Here is a quote from today's message : "

eBay’s new listings tool is here

eBay has developed a new listing tool to simplify the listing experience. This tool enables sellers to list from their desktop or on the go in the mobile app.

Over the coming weeks, this will become the new way to list.

Some features of the new tool include the ability to upload videos, make the most of advanced photo editing capabilities, and more.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Immediate payment is a feature available in Business Policies if you use them. It's in the back end so it wasnt affected by the new listing tool for users.

Getting all those options out of the listing form really speeds up listing. As well, it lowers the possibility of errors.

Once your Shipping, Payment and Return policies are set up life gets better! You can  design policies that compensate for extra insurance and excessive packaging time/cost like building crates or reinforcing containers.

Shipping policies are great for larger heavy shipments or shipments that go out in multiple packages. 

IT

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

i was reailroaded into the new listing tool yesterday.  All i wanted to do was one simple relist and it took about 10  minutes.  I could see no option to switch back to the old, familar, sensible listing tool.  

Other than everything being jumbled around and having to scrutinize every line to make sure it was correct,, which took up most of the 10 minutes, Ebay changed the shipping policy i had had for that item.  I didn't notice at first but caught it on my second double check.

I'd been using the same policy for over 10 years for that item, but somehow Ebay managed to switch it to another one.  Cudos.

They asked my opinion of the new tool and i gave it to them, though i doubt anyone reads seller's opinions.  If they cared about our opinion they wouldn't make these stupid changes in the first place..  0 stars out of 10 for this pointless change.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply