eBay will start collecting taxes on our behalf effective July 1st?

Hey guys!

Am I understanding this correctly?

Stating on July 1st, I no longer be receiveing taxes from my Canadian clients? (similar to my US sales?)

Have you guys filled the form they sent us?

Did you print it, fill it, scan it and sent it to the e-mail address they provided (CanadaGST/PST@ebay.com)?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: eBay will start collecting taxes on our behalf effective July 1st?

Yes I am one of the "previously tax included" sellers, the story is long as to why that's the case.

I've decided that I will not be decreasing my prices because I've not been increasing prices at the rate that other costs have been going up in terms of selling fess and of course the most notable shipping fees and the averaged out "bonus" I'll be getting will help offset what probably should have been price increases before now.

I will observe what happens and adjust my responses as appropriate. I expect based on what I observed when the US IST was introduced, things will be "dramatic" for a couple/few months, then things will be back to normal as folks get used to it.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

If you find your amount of sales are slow for any reason, it is better to run mark down sales than to slash the price of your items manually. Especially in a scenario like this, where the final price of your items will be increased in price by the same range of 5-15 percent. 

You get a boost in the best match algorithm, it takes less time, and you can try different mark down percentages to see what works.

Manually marking down individual items is good every once and a while, since you might find you have an item you priced months ago, and maybe you were wrong about the price or circumstances changed the value of the item. But markdowns using the promotion manager is better for wholesale changes in the price of your entire inventory. 

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

I'm a little unclear as to what I need to do prior to July 1... I have a registered GST#, as I have gone over the 30k threshold for the past year & a half+. So, their 1st message says that some form would be upcoming but nada was sent my way. Can anyone in the same boat clear this up for my pea-sized brain? Thx!

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

There is a link to the form in one of the threads.  I believe that @marnotom!  knows where it is.  He should see this page and reply here later.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Thanks for the tag, @pjcdn2005! It’s actually this very thread and one of the first three posts made to it:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/213/message-id/137265/print-single-...

Props once again to @regs43!
Message 45 of 46
latest reply

Finally submitting today. Life has been busyyy.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply