netParcel?

I went to do a Paypal label today, and found an option on there for netParcel.

I looked it up and it says save up to 70% on shipping. Has anyone got any information on this?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: netParcel?

The recipient WILL NOT be asked to pay for brokerage, taxes, duties as long as the value of the goods is under $800 USD. 

As Canadians we all have experience with accepting international shipments and being asked to pay more at the door.  With the $800 Free Trade allowance on US imports, your customers don't need to worry and this opens up a huge new market for Canadian merchants plus you get the benefit of the USD to CAD exchange rate! 

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/about/news/20160229-ca-de-minimis.page

Message 21 of 70
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
Yes, free brokerages when the label is purchased but how is the recipient treated? When the parcel arrives at their doorstep in the USA is the customer facing brokerage fee requests from the carrier?

There are no brokerage fees for shipments under the de minimis limit since they are not collecting any duty.

Message 22 of 70
latest reply

"Residential Surcharge if applicable "...what constitutes a "residential surcharge", when and where does that become applicable? Is that inclusive city, town, village, rural?

I think sellers need/should have clarification on that aspect.

Message 24 of 70
latest reply

Another thing that needs to be addressed by the powers involved IF Canadian sellers are to offer other services besides Canadapost they NEED to be able to specify(Choose) those carriers when creating a listing so a customer can determine for themselves if the shipping method/delivery time will work for them. Using Flat Rate Shipping DOES NOT work for all sellers.

-Lotz

Message 25 of 70
latest reply

Residential surcharge is assessed when delivering to a household (non-commercial) address.  The residential surcharge for US based shipments is $1.52 CAD currently and our app will flag the address and add the residential fee for you provided the carrier has previously identified the address (we suggest users also select residential delivery during the shipping process).  For eBay merchants it's safe to assume most shipments would be going to a home vs. place of business.

Message 26 of 70
latest reply

Thank you.  Just a little further clarification on this...does the seller pay this residential surcharge at time of preparing a shipping label or is that added to the buyer's costs when invoiced upon sale of item?

Message 27 of 70
latest reply

Seller pays the fee as part of the label purchase.  If the address is not flagged as residential when creating the label and the carrier identifies the address as a home upon delivery an adjustment will be applied to the account post delivery.

Message 28 of 70
latest reply

Thank you for clarification. Much appreciated!

Message 29 of 70
latest reply

@dedeh-74  @mrdutch1001 @triber 

And to confirm fees apply if a pickup were requested by a residential household as per attached? Just something else to be taken into consideration when using this service.

How much does UPS charge for residential pickup?
The cost is $10.30 per week. If a package is processed too late in the day to notify the UPS driver to pick up your package the same day, you can schedule a UPS Smart Pickup for the following day, request a UPS On-Call Pickup®, or find a UPS location to drop off your shipment. (Jan 10, 2019)

Daily PU Link

Daily On Route PU Link

-Lotz

Message 30 of 70
latest reply

Hi Derek,

I printed a label today for USA destination by UPS. It was printed 3 pages  custom declaration. Should I include all of them attached in my package?

Message 31 of 70
latest reply

Checked it out with a $55 USD item we would normally ship with small packet usa air with insurance through shippo. The best rate it gave us is ups ground with insurance for $8.84 CAD total and I am guessing it is tracked as I have never heard of a ups shipment without tracking. It wants to us to pay with a credit card which it already has on file??? This is paypal, why is there no option to use our paypal balance to pay for this? 

Message 32 of 70
latest reply

Hi there 

Well thank you to let me know about this service .

I checked right the way and I discovered the following 

1. For Canada the shipping rates for up to 2 lb its very high $ 10 on top of Canada Post rates 

2. For the same thing international the rates are not so bad included the transit time .

3.This service its mostly for small packages not bulky and heavy 

I will give them a try in my next international shipment and will let you know how it goes .

Within Canada I will continue with Canada Post.

I ship with few different carriers thats why i decided to share my thoughts 

Have a good day  

Message 33 of 70
latest reply

Any way to get this in metric?  We've been on the metric system for a long time.  In fact I've thrown out all imperial tape measures at the shoppe so that our older workers don't resort to it out of habit.  I've looked around in the settings and I do not see an option.  USPS allows you to switch.  Am I missing something?  LOL

Message 34 of 70
latest reply

Message 36 of 70
latest reply

@dedeh-74 

2) ALL US bound shipments under $800 USD in value of tax, duty and brokerage free regardless of service used.

The duty-free allowance for US residents is $800USD. 

While the grammar of this sentence is ....indecipherable... I think it just repeats what would be normal practice.

Message 37 of 70
latest reply

@dedeh-74 

The residential surcharge for US based shipments is $1.52 CAD currently and our app will flag the address

So $6.50 turns into $8.02.

Is a PO Box a residential address?

How about a PO Box "diguised " as an apartment number, a workaround used by many buyers so that sellers who refuse* to ship to PO Boxes will allow them to purchase?

@08r667 

*It's a long story.

Message 38 of 70
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that it has lots of hidden things and when I tried it and it came up imperial not metric and that is when I decided to screw it and go back to regular PayPal.  No need to complicate things.

Message 39 of 70
latest reply

There was a netparcel representative here for a bit answering question …. there is supposed to be metric support coming with the next update. Time will tell.

Message 40 of 70
latest reply