netParcel?

I went to do a Paypal label today, and found an option on there for netParcel.

I looked it up and it says save up to 70% on shipping. Has anyone got any information on this?

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: netParcel?

tyler@ebay 

Could you arrange that the NetParcel representative be allowed to answer questions directly?

Having the responses on a completely different site is less than useful.

Message 41 of 70
latest reply

"Checked it out with a $55 USD item we would normally ship with small packet usa air with insurance through shippo. The best rate it gave us is ups ground with insurance for $8.84 CAD total and I am guessing it is tracked as I have never heard of a ups shipment without tracking. It wants to us to pay with a credit card which it already has on file??? This is paypal, why is there no option to use our paypal balance to pay for this? "

Ok we tried it out for one of these $55 USD items going to Detroit and besides the lack of metric measurements and weight it seemed to go well. Paypal only took the funds from our existing paypal balance despite saying they would take it from our credit card. This is good.

The triplicate customs forms get printed automatically when the UPS label prints. ***You need to put these in a clear plastic invoice sticker sleeve and stick it to the back of the item.***

You can get free clear plastic sticker sleeves at any post office or Purolator has them free too. UPS may have them free but we do not know for sure. We will find out when we drop off the item at UPS later today.

There is a one pound minimum weight despite us putting in 0.25 of a pound as the item weighs 108g.

The price with insurance came to $10.99 CAD I guess due to having to put a check in the "residential" check box since it is going to a house and not a business (we looked on google maps street view). This is kinda dumb as probably 95% of all ebay sales go to a residence.

In the end it is still a good deal and not really too hard to drop off at any UPS store or depot here in Winnipeg as opposed to the post office which is directly across the street from here. AND IT IS TRACKED........ Americans love tracking. UPS is familiar to Americans too. Canada post can scare away some Americans as they do not know what it is. We estimate a huge increase in American buyers for this type of item because of this.

Message 42 of 70
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote

Ok we tried it out for one of these $55 USD items going to Detroit and besides the lack of metric measurements and weight it seemed to go well. Paypal only took the funds from our existing paypal balance despite saying they would take it from our credit card. This is good.

The triplicate customs forms get printed automatically when the UPS label prints. ***You need to put these in a clear plastic invoice sticker sleeve and stick it to the back of the item.***

You can get free clear plastic sticker sleeves at any post office or Purolator has them free too. UPS may have them free but we do not know for sure. We will find out when we drop off the item at UPS later today.

There is a one pound minimum weight despite us putting in 0.25 of a pound as the item weighs 108g.

The price with insurance came to $10.99 CAD I guess due to having to put a check in the "residential" check box since it is going to a house and not a business (we looked on google maps street view). This is kinda dumb as probably 95% of all ebay sales go to a residence.

In the end it is still a good deal and not really too hard to drop off at any UPS store or depot here in Winnipeg as opposed to the post office which is directly across the street from here. AND IT IS TRACKED........ Americans love tracking. UPS is familiar to Americans too. Canada post can scare away some Americans as they do not know what it is. We estimate a huge increase in American buyers for this type of item because of this.

Good to know, thanks.

How did you handle the shipping calculator on this?

Did you list the item with CP Small Packets selected as the shipping service?

I suppose I'm wondering how best to approach offering these netparcel services since we cannot ask the shipping calculator to use UPS rates (assuming the calculator lists UPS) because eBay's UPS rates will not reflect the lower netparcel-UPS rates.

Message 43 of 70
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

I suppose I'm wondering how best to approach offering these netparcel services since we cannot ask the shipping calculator to use UPS rates (assuming the calculator lists UPS) because eBay's UPS rates will not reflect the lower netparcel-UPS rates.

eBay's calculated Canada Post rates do not match the discount you get either -- calculated uses the over-the-counter rate.

Your best option is to use flat rate after getting some cost estimates for what you want to send.

Message 44 of 70
latest reply

eBay's calculated Canada Post rates do not match the discount you get either -- calculated uses the over-the-counter rate

The difference is pretty minimal-  at best 5%.

I figure that covers my packaging costs and a bit for Cookie Jar Insurance.

My nearest UPS store is a 20 minute walk from home, compared to five to the post box. But the tracking might be worthwhile.

Message 45 of 70
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

We rather stick with regular PayPal and we don't want our buyers to be upset having to pay for brokerage/custom taxes fees, etc.  When I see that, I avoid it like a plague and stick with regular PayPal, never mind a fantastic discount with netParcel!  We just don't want our buyers to be upset.

Message 46 of 70
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

We rather stick with regular PayPal and we don't want our buyers to be upset having to pay for brokerage/custom taxes fees, etc.  When I see that, I avoid it like a plague and stick with regular PayPal, never mind a fantastic discount with netParcel!  We just don't want our buyers to be upset.

I have decided the same thing, I have been with Paypal for years, not always without problems, but they have always been very helpful when I call, and at least I know that I can rely on no extra fees for the customer.

Message 47 of 70
latest reply

hi 

What Duty USA to Canada for Repair Services

For a Vintage Sony Shortwave Radio 

Original Purchas Price in 1965 $300

Recent eBay Purchase   $200 

Cost of Repair $50

Message 48 of 70
latest reply

@jordadobriki0 

As long as the company doing the repairs is familiar with the return process it should be fairly painless. The return documentation needs to be marked Canadian Goods returning from repair. If duties and taxes are owing you should only have to pay on the repair costs(repair + parts) and customs processing fee (9.95). Please note if it's returned with USPS it would be much more economical for customs vs a courier. Package very carefully for shipping to USA and a suggestion would be paying for the extra insurance. Expedited to USA includes 100.00 free. Xpresspost if its in your budget for less handling and speedier delivery.

Here are a few links to get you started. 

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d8/d8-2-26-eng.html

Sections 4 to 20 would be applicable. Section 19 is very helpful in speeding up the return process. This should include proof of purchase and proof or original shipment to the USA

Hope that will get you on the way. Best of luck.

-Lotz

Message 49 of 70
latest reply

we don't want our buyers to be upset having to pay for brokerage/custom taxes fees, etc.

This should not be a problem with US customers.

UPS is charging Canadians because our duty free allowance is a risible $20Cdn/~$15US.

American importers can import $800US /~$1000Cdn duty free.

Message 50 of 70
latest reply

I am trying some things in their online shipping calculator.
*Note - DOES NOT Play well in Firefox - gives only first result .

I had to use Chrome to see full list of shipping options.

I live in Southern Ontario , testing an item I just printed a label out for normal Canada Post / USPS tracked packet to USA -   an expensive LP record ($350) with the tracking to Texas.

I paid $18.57 through Paypal / canada post with my little discount for holding a Small business

card for Canada Post.

The NetParcel shipping Calculator finally said $19.54 - saying I saved 66%!!! What kind of nonsense is this?  - There was another option for $27

This was with dimensions 12"x12"x1" at 1lb (under 500G!!)

At least I can pack up to 500grams with Canada post -

I tried 6"x6"x1" same 1lb weight -  .75 cent saving !!  WHAT???

What parcel weight and dimension does one get savings with ? Is the savings period over with NetParcel? I was just about to be excited to use this exclusive for all LP records and 45s to USA due to the tracking.    I tried a package half the size and still same price.  The DEFAULT weight is always 2 LBS max but it says 1LB to start.  You can't enter  decimal numbers in the shipping calculator.

Message 51 of 70
latest reply

Unfortunately, eBay disallowed any further communication from the NetParcel rep that was initially offering assistance here in this forum, so we no longer have any kind of help from NetParcel itself to this forum.

Any questions/issues/ assistance/clarifications, etc need to be addressed by directly contacting NetParcel support.

Message 52 of 70
latest reply

When you go to the site it returns a quoted price, but is that in Canadian or US dollars?

Message 53 of 70
latest reply

I have never signed up for nor used NetParcel, but I would assume CDN currency since it is my understanding NetParcel is a Canadian company.

Message 54 of 70
latest reply

Watch out! They quote you a price, then a month later they send you another invoice for alot higher price!!

This is no good when you already shipped the item, and the buyer pays the shipping cost.

Who will pay the difference? I am not doing this to lose money!

As I suspected, netparcel was too good to be true.

Back to using Canada Post.

Message 55 of 70
latest reply

I have used it. Great rates for UPS etc on larger items within Canada and to the USA. You print the label on the site and it comes out of your pay pal balance.
Message 56 of 70
latest reply

UPS to the USA doesn't invoke any customs charges below $800 USD item value. You do the description on the label entry for the customs invoice. On Netparcel they send it electronically so you do not even have to put an invoice on the outside of the UPS parcel.
Message 57 of 70
latest reply

Yes Net Parcel is good within Canada too. You drop off at a UPS store or pay a little bit for pick up at your door. Everything to do this is within the label entry part. It auto fills your buyer's address etc, you must put in a phone number though, which you can get from the eBay transaction record.
Message 58 of 70
latest reply

A sales person pushing another company called freightcom sent me an unsolicited note on FB Messenger. Never heard of them before, he was using the same sales pitch... save 60%.
Message 59 of 70
latest reply

I would never use NetParcel anyway, as it only utilizes UPS, Fedex and other such carriers NOT Canada Post... rarely have need to use anything other than Canada Post... already know for the most part besides being inconvenient for self, usually ends up more expensive...been using Canada Post for decades...

Message 60 of 70
latest reply