100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

My 100k free listing promo was not renewed for November. Anyone else experience this?
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: 100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

This is what I see 

Additional Fixed Price Free Insertions in Select Categories

Additional fixed price insertions in select categories.opens in a new window or tab

Start:Nov 1, 2021 at 12:00am PDT
End:Dec 1, 2021 at 12:00am PST
ebay.com
Message 21 of 80
latest reply

I show the same as Triber, on both .com and on .ca

Message 22 of 80
latest reply

Those are the 50,000 extra listings in certain categories that you get with a premium store.  If you close your store you would lose those.  The 100,000 mentioned in the title were extra listings that were not tied to a store, but those appear to have ended.

Basic stores receive 10,000 listings in those same categories.

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books & Magazines
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies
Message 23 of 80
latest reply

You must have a premium store too?

Message 24 of 80
latest reply

Yes. Thanks for the explanation.

Message 25 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

According to dot ca and dot com help Basic Store should be 350 Free BIN listings.

My Sellers hub page on dot ca displays 350. My Dot com page displays 0/1000 Free BIN listings.

See message 6 for comparison. Only issue would be for majority of Canadian sellers they would list on dot ca.

Not sure why there would be a contradiction to the 2 sites.

-Lotz

Message 26 of 80
latest reply

The 100k freebie started in November 2020 so it ran for an entire year. I'm pretty sure that it started without any notice whatsoever, just appeared on Nov 1st (I have email correspondence with another seller about the promo which dates to Nov 1, 2020).

Every month since then I've expected the promo to go away so no major surprise that it did.

There was never any chatter on the US boards about this particular promo because  it was never offered to US Sellers (they got different promos that were only for MP sellers).

I suspect that at least partially the massive promos do not fit with eBay's current plan/strategy so anyone who downgrade their Store will need to reconsider their future plans.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 27 of 80
latest reply

Hi pjcdn2005, sorry I misread and didn’t realize it was about the 100k listings. Was thinking it was 10,000 free listings. No I don’t have a premium store, just a basic one.

Message 28 of 80
latest reply

I only got 10,000 on dotCA and 10,000 on dotCOM for a total of 20,000 Free Listings.

I don't think I have used any of my Store "free" listings for months, since eBay seems to use the promotional freebies first.

I actually moved one of my subscriptions from Premium to Basic because I had so many free listings.

Message 29 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

That screenshot shows the same 10,000 promotional FREE listings that I got.

Message 30 of 80
latest reply

@rocket-hideout

If you have a Store subscription you have reduced fees on your Store items. (in the screenshot a Basic Store has 1000 listings for the monthly $25 fee or 2.5c each if you use them all.

If you don't you have 250 truly free listings.

It's only if you go over those numbers that you are charged for listings.

So- no Store 250 free but 251 -35c for that last one.

And yes, the reason is to encourage Store subscriptions, since that is a constant money stream for eBay.

Once again, eBay is not our friend, eBay is our landlord.

Message 31 of 80
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

Because of how the available promos work as listings relist they should apply to the promo first. When I do a sort of my 1150 I only have 649 that would apply to the 10,000 promo. Everything else would come out of the 350. As noted previously I am only seeing 350 vs the 1000 that dot com shows for a basic store, so coming up 150 short. Hopefully it is just a technical issue and gets fixed before month end.

Moving listings to dot com is a major job and shouldn't be necessary.

-Lotz

Message 32 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

tyler@ebay 

According to dot ca and dot com help Basic Store should be 350 Free BIN listings.

My Sellers hub page on dot ca displays 350. My Dot com page displays 0/1000 Free BIN listings.

See message 6 for comparison. Only issue would be for majority of Canadian sellers they would list on dot ca.

Not sure why there would be a contradiction to the 2 sites.

-Lotz

The ,com store selling fees page shows 1000 listings for a basic store.  I'm not sure when that changed but it could have been around the time their basic store fee went up to  US$27.95/21.95 vs our basic store that stayed the same at C$24.95/19.95 and went from 250-350 listings.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809&st=3&pos=1&query=...

Note too that fvf fees are higher in some categories on .com.

Message 33 of 80
latest reply

If you have a Store subscription you have reduced fees on your Store items. (in the screenshot a Basic Store has 1000 listings for the monthly $25 fee or 2.5c each if you use them all.

@femmefan1946 

A basic store on .ca is 350 listings, not 1000.

Message 34 of 80
latest reply

When I was doing a search of store fees earlier today this is the link I came across. As help pages are not dated in any way, shape or form its hard to know if you are on the most up to date version. Apparently  this one is pre MP. Again interesting there would be a difference between the 2 sites. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-fees/store-fees?id=4122

Screenshot (1).png

-Lotz

Message 35 of 80
latest reply

Do sellers in MP still get the option to list on both .CA & .COM?

If so, perhaps those sellers without a store will be able to utilize the free listings on .COM, despite the loss for currency conversion, as that may resolve some of the need for additional listings if the loss of the bonus 100000 is too much to bear...

Message 36 of 80
latest reply

I agree we should've got advance notice for a promotion that was ongoing for a year. Especially considering we have listings auto-renewing! It reeks a bit of a long-term bait and switch - get sellers comfy going over the 200 listings, and then snatch it away! I sort of expected this as a bit of a long-term ulterior motive..

Has anyone "done the math" to determine at what point it's worth it to upgrade to a store subscription if you're going over the 200 free listings per month?

Since the promo started last year, I started listing more small items (I'll likely take these down now) and went from staying under 200 to listing an average of 300. The basic store seems too expensive, but the starter store looks like it might work at only $7.95 a month.

I was going to crunch the numbers, but I'm wondering if anyone has already put a list together of thresholds to show at what point a store would start to offer a savings. I also have no idea what other benefits a store would offer?

Also, currently I have MANY similar listings that can be "consolidated" - as in, they're the same item, but different colour, scent, size,  etc.  If I consolidate, this would mean only one listing fee, right? This will be a giant PITA, but could save me a lot going forward. 

Message 37 of 80
latest reply

The starter store never did come to .CA, but is it open to Canadian sellers on .COM or simply only available to USA sellers?

Message 38 of 80
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

Yes. Sellers without a store can still list on both .ca and .com websites under Managed Payments. Under MP, for November I see 200 free on ebay.ca and 250 free on ebay.com (no bonus promos for me).

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

The change for ebay.com was recent.  Might be related to this year's increase in Final Value fees for Managed Payments (up 0.2% for most categories).

Message 39 of 80
latest reply

Clarification: The 0.2% increase in fees for 2021 was only for .com  -- ebay.ca remained unchanged.

Message 40 of 80
latest reply