Buyer left negative comment in positive feedback will eBay remove his DSR's to?

As the title says I just had a rather new US eBay member leave me feedback and he left a negative comment in a positive feedback. Normally I wouldn't care but with how important DSR scores are now, if I ask to have the feedback removed, will eBay remove the DSR scores this member left me as well? I'm sure they weren't good. Btw I have already messaged the member and thanked him for his feedback, explained that Canada was another country, Canada Post another postal service with higher rates, etc.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer left negative comment in positive feedback will eBay remove his DSR's to?

Buyers are allowed to leave a less than positive comment with a positive rating, maybe you could ask the buyer to change it to a negative!

I'm not sure under what grounds you think that feedback is removable. I don't see Free Shipping on that listings so it's just an opinion.

If you were thinking this might be it, study the last part before you call eBay........

Negative Feedback comments that directly contradict a positive rating. (When the comment is posted by the seller. This type of contradictory comment is not removable when left by the buyer.)

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Buyer left negative comment in positive feedback will eBay remove his DSR's to?

In my opinion I wouldn't worry about it. As soon as someone sees that the fellow paid 99c it puts it in context. That feedback will roll off the list soon enough. I wouldn't spend time on it, or communicate to the buyer (they are blocked already I am assuming) trying to change it has a greater chance of making the situation worse.....just block and move on.....

It is often the 99c buyers that are the worst, for issues and complaints.....I always hate when stuff sells for the opening bid, all too often one ends up with situations like this....

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I had one of those, although mine was given with a neutral feedback. It said that shipping was outrageous. I left a comment saying that I had charged the exact shipping, and the shipping price was posted on the listing. Not much else you can do. Buyer said he wouldn't purchase from me again, well, thankful for that! Blocked him anyway.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes I'm not really worried about it. Chances are that him being a buyer with fairly low feedback, any seller is going to check him out when he bids and sees his feedback left on a 99 cent item shipped from Canada. (Often if I have relisted an item and it didn't sell I just blow it out for 99 cents to make room for new stock. I don't lose any money on it.)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Chances are that him being a buyer with fairly low feedback, any seller is going to check him out when he bids and sees his feedback left.

Pro sellers don't waste their time looking at feedback of every buyer that places a bid. Even for the ones that do, you think they would actually read EVERY positive feedback the buyer has left?

In any event your shipping is expensive, I know why but that doesn't change the fact that it is. Not that it should matter (but people are people), expensive shipping on a cheapo item is generally not well received by any buyers including those with plenty of experience.

I hope one day eBay will eliminate feedback for buyers and replace it with a simple transaction counter. I bet there would be a lot of eBay sellers shocked at how much extra time they would have on their hands.

Next stop for the "defect" train, bids cancelled by seller............

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well Recped, I actually don't agree with you speaking on behalf of all "Pro Sellers" in this matter. After looking at my seller dashboards of my different businesses I have sold over $500K on eBay and I would consider myself a Pro Seller. I have also taught quite a few people how to sell. I'm not just doing it as a hobby to pass time and maybe I have too much time on my hands but anytime I get a bid from a relatively new member (under 50 feedback) I always check their feedback habits. Do they leave feedback? Are they chronic complainers? Do they leave lots of negative feedback etc.

By researching these things I know whether to ship their item with tracking. Are they going to claim not received etc. I have done it this way for years and as you can see I have 100% positive feedback on this ID as I also do on my business ID's.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Good point Itry doing the same .

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 9 of 9
latest reply