Happy Wife = Happy Life

Happy Wife = Happy Life !

"That's it. You are too old for that stuff. It is time to pack it all up and clear it out of here."

Oh well, what Mary wants... Mary gets.

Now 71 and my eyesight is not what it used to be (that is not ideal for a stamp dealer). Can no longer drive at night and not so much during the day either. I expect all stamps will be gone by the end of April when I finally close my eBay store permanently.

I wish I had more time to list the "stuff" but, quite frankly, the energy is not there.

Nineteen years on eBay.  It has been fun.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Happy Wife = Happy Life

I too am getting on in years but I know I (we) will miss you.  Best wishes for many years to come!

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

marnotom!
Community Member

Thank you for all you've done for eBay Canada, Pierre.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Pierre

All the best to you and your family and thank you for all the contributions to the boards.

Please do stop by on the boards even after the store is closed.

John

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Pierre, you are the first person I remember on these boards from when I began selling on eBay 10 years ago.  I later came across a page I had printed from the boards at that time which gave advice on income tax.  It was one of your many posts over the years in this regard.  You have always been there to repeat the same, and other, advice to new sellers and I am sure that many of them, like myself, appreciate the time you took to answer our questions.

I wish you and Mary all the best in your retirement (you are the same age as my DH).  And I, also, hope that you will not be a stranger to the boards after your store is closed.

Happy retirement!!

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

So good to see you drop in here again, Pierre.  Come back now and then and visit please!  All the best to you and your (happy) wife in your retirement.   

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Pierre,

Although I have only been active on these boards for a couple years, I have been lurking for about a decade now. During those years, your name has always been a constant source of reliable knowledge and advice for new and old users alike. To say it has been greatly appreciated would be an understatement.

Personally, I have learned a lot from your presence on these boards over the years and I feel that it has helped me become a better eBay seller and buyer, and I sincerely thank you for that.

I lovingly wish you (and Mary, of course) all the best for a happy, healthy retirement. You deserve it.

Thank you once again, and I (selfishly) hope you will continue to visit us in the future.

- Chris (Edmonton, AB)
Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

I want to thank you for all the help you have been to me over the years Pierre. We have been selling on eBay for about the same amount of time. I am 74 now, I hope to continue a bit longer, but I do find the many changes that come up more difficult to cope with.

I hope you and Mary have a very happy retirement. I will certainly miss your posts and help.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Wishing you & your wife all the best in your retirement. I thank you for all the times you answered my questions. You posted a lot of good information on these boards & it has been appreciated. Don't be a stranger - hope you will visit this Board every now & then.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Hi Pierre!

Glad to see you visiting the boards again, hopefully you'll come back from time to time in the future!

Enjoy your retirement!!!!

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Pierre, I wish you much happiness and good health in your well-deserved retirement.  I'm very sorry to hear that your eyesight is failing ... hopefully that will be the extent of any health issues you encounter.

Thank you for all the advice and support you've provided to me, and to many others, on this Board over the years.

Be well!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Your 3 years younger than me but I am still going on selling stamps. My wife is resigned to the fact that I will be a stamp dealer until my eyes go  or my mind goes, but I think when I make the final trip it will be a funeral at 10 Am auction at 2 PM day.

Enjoy your retirement - but the stamp business won't be as much fun without you around

Good luck.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Pierre, thanks for all the help and advice you have given to us over the years. Most of all, thanks for your tourtière recipe! Don't forget to visit here sometimes! 

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

I believe everything I wanted to Post has already been mentioned.

All The Best to the Two of You from the Two of Us.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

BB, as an aside, congratulations on reaching 5000 feedback!!!!!

Message 15 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

@ bb_cool_stuff   Congratulations on reaching 5,000 feedback. Great accomplishment. It is really cool ...

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

@ Pierre. Enjoy your retirement and your family.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Good afternoon Dennis.

" I will be a stamp dealer until my eyes go"

That is my problem at this time.  My eyesight is going (after twenty-five years, diabetes finally got hold of my optic nerve) and it is no longer possible to handle the business.  Philately has been good to me for the last thirty years. 

Now is time to pack everything and ship it to other dealers and philatelic stamp auctions hoping folks are fair and pay me a fair price.

And life does go on.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Wishing you both a long and happy retirement. You will be missed. 

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

amcdc79
Community Member

Long time Lurker and Learner here, and I can't thank you enough, for all the sage advise, given by you, over the years. I consider you the "voice of reason", and wish you all the best, in the many years ahead.

May your Happy Wife acknowledge, that you have many Happy Friends here, that occasionally, would love to hear from you, and may need your opinion, as I'm sure you've seen it all.

The end of an era, not the end of the line, thanks again.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply