Happy Wife = Happy Life

Happy Wife = Happy Life !

"That's it. You are too old for that stuff. It is time to pack it all up and clear it out of here."

Oh well, what Mary wants... Mary gets.

Now 71 and my eyesight is not what it used to be (that is not ideal for a stamp dealer). Can no longer drive at night and not so much during the day either. I expect all stamps will be gone by the end of April when I finally close my eBay store permanently.

I wish I had more time to list the "stuff" but, quite frankly, the energy is not there.

Nineteen years on eBay.  It has been fun.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Hello Pierre,

I am sure that Mary is anxiously awaiting to have you all to her self without any distraction.  You worked hard, you did well and you can be proud of your achievements.  You will be sadly missed.   You have helped many of us and gave your time without reservation.  i hope you have many happy memories of these 19 years.

I wish you good health and many more wonderful years with Mary.

Hugs,

Olga

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Sorry here about your eyes. I too have eye problems. Been getting treatment once a month for 25 months now :(.  Haven't been on the boards in awhile and was sorry to read this.  I want to Thank You for all the help you have given me and others. And wish you well in the future!!!

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

We were away this weekend - babysitting our three youngest granddaughters (age 9, 5, 3) in Toronto.  That was a lot of fun for Mary and I although we came home exhausted.

Had put my eBay store on vacation before leaving but - for the first time ever - let the listings be available instead of hiding them,

I guess the word got around to dealers and collectors that I am closing at the end of this month as I had eleven items sold in two days while away!

And life does go on.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Here is something different!  And it was Mary's idea.

"Why don't you put the 220 lots from your eBay store into one SUPER LARGE lot and sell everything listed in your eBay store in one GIANT lot?

Why not indeed?  The lady can really think outside the box! I do not think it has ever been done before on eBay. 

With less than two weeks before closing the store I figured it is worth giving the experiment a chance.  To be practical, I divided all lots into two super lots (Canadian and foreign stamps) and attempt to sell everything in my eBay store in those two lots.

I will let you know what happens.

In the meantime I started packing the bulk of my stamp inventory (not listed on eBay).  All of it is going out to dealers, wholesalers and stamp auctioneers. The first load is scheduled to leave first week of May.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Take care Pierre. Have a great retirement. I will miss your advice.

Ponoka, AB.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending you a (hug) for all your advice and help over the years that you have given me,

and enjoy your retirement - you deserve it!!!!

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

"...I divided all lots into two super lots (Canadian and foreign stamps) and attempt to sell everything in my eBay store in those two lots.   I will let you know what happens."

Oh well, it did not work.  There seems to be very few buyers left on eBay willing to spend thousands of dollars, regardless how great a bargain can be.

Oh well, life does go on. The stamp lots remaining from my eBay store will simply be added to all other stamps in my inventory and shipped to stamp auctioneers, starting next week.

In the meantime Mary and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your kind words and good wishes

We would also like to thank the staff and management at eBay and eBay-Canada who have made our eBay business profitable over the years (despite many differences of opinions on policies and procedures).

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Listings ended.  eBay store closed.

Tonight, I will enjoy a double Johnny Walker Blue in my lazyboy.

Life is good!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Happy Wife = Happy Life

I hit 71 this month.  I noticed that many of us are in our golden years.  We will all be gone from eBay in the next decade.  Crash.....eBay's listings will drop drastically.  I am still buying inventory.  I am in denial.  I am not going to be helpless (as long as my husband doesn't stop doing  everything for me).

Message 29 of 29
latest reply