Just checked my items again, still showing Same Day Delivery!

Anyone else still having this problem? I list a lot of items on .Com and those listings are mainly 1 day delivery but are now showing Same Day Delivery. I’ve even tried changing some to 2 day but makes no difference. It does seem that the listings on .ca in Cdn dollars are now seem okay but the .com ones are not. This is happening on my store ID and on my non-store ID as well. Happening when I check on .com and on .ca, also on my PC and my mobile device.

Normally, wouldn’t bother me too much but shipping so slow now with Covid-19 and wouldn’t you know, I have orders for Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Alaska today!
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I assume you mean Same Day SHIPPING rather than delivery.

If you go to revise one of these listings what is showing in the Handling Time field?

When I check your listings looking on .com as a US buyer it says you have a 1 day handling time on the shipping tab.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Mine too, Tyler said he was looking into it.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I assume you mean Same Day SHIPPING rather than delivery.

If you go to revise one of these listings what is showing in the Handling Time field?

When I check your listings looking on .com as a US buyer it says you have a 1 day handling time on the shipping tab.

Hi, yes, I did indeed mean Same Day Shipping! Thanks for catching it.

Revising the listings makes no difference. I could put 30 days and it will still show Same Day Shipping and its in RED! 

The handling time on the shipping tab shows correctly as 1 day but the info I am talking about is shown just below the item description at the top of the page (where it sometimes says Ships from Canada).

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

The stuff up at the top of the page like Experienced Seller, Last One, Free Shipping etc. are bad at their best and when they apply the wrong ones really bad.

Personally I squirm every time I see "last one" on my listings when I know that if it sells I will be adding more stock 5 minutes later. I have never seen Same Day Shipping on any of my own listings but I don't look at them very often.

One thing you might do is go in to your site settings, there is one for "same day cut-off time" try putting that to the earliest setting. Just a thought, it's not supposed to do anything unless you actually offer same day shipping but you never know.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

This is happening to a lot of sellers.

I think it is caused by you sometimes shipping on the same day, so the program wants to tell the buyers about your fast shipping.  The problem with that is it becomes a promise in the buyer's eyes.

My attempt to combat it is to not mark it as shipped until 2 days after it sells, but still to ship it asap.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

No, it’s not that. I always ship ASAP but never marked my items shipped until the next day (I mostly have 1 day shipping). I noticed that recped’s listings don’t show the Same Day Shipping so I wonder if it just certain categories such as Crafts? It’s not just store because it’s happening on both my store ID and my non-store ID.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I have 3 day handling time on all my listings whether on.CA or .COM and those listings on .COM were showing as same day, but when I checked those before they ended, all seemed OK again. As I no longer have any active listings on .COM, have nothing to check at this point in time. Will have to see what shows when I start listing again on .COM this weekend.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I noticed that the 3 notifications "rotate", mine at least do not always have the "same day shipping", sometimes 3 other things are listed, however viewing the same item yet another time "same day shipping" is back again.

So there's some sort of decision making process that decides what 3 notifications to put up.

That decision making process is what is causing the problem, not the listings.

It would be good if they can adjust it down, I would be surprised if I ship enough stuff on the same day for it to assume I'm good at it because I've always had 2 day handling, shipping on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and only on rare occasions (like long weekends) do I ship on Tues/Thurs. The only same day shipping would be items selling from Midnight until about 1PM (PO time) on Mon, Wed, Friday, unless they deem everything sold on the weekend that goes out on Monday to count, in that case I can understand it because I do have a good volume of sales on weekends. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

This has still not been changed, it's still showing same day shipping for my items.

tyler@ebay please check this.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@triber wrote:

This has still not been changed, it's still showing same day shipping for my items.

tyler@ebay please check this.

It's tyler@ebay 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

yes same here, my .COM listings are showing same day when I have 3 day handling

tyler@ebay 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @mrdutch1001!

I'm sorry that I don't have an update on this, but I will let you know as I do hear back!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Thanks...I no longer have any active listings on .COM so if the problem shows up whenever I list on .COM  again, I shall bring it to your attention if needed.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Mine still say "same day shipping", I hope this can be fixed, I have been asking my husband to go to the post office more often because I am concerned that buyers seeing this will be upset if I ship in 3 or 4 day, but my husband should not be going that often.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

@triber 

Anyone else totally baffled by how long these "technical Ooopsie Daisies" take to fix, especially for those sellers they are affecting? Would this be considered a service failure by eBay?

-Lotz

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

None of mine say Same Day Shipping now.
Since this problem showed up, I have been purposely marking my items as shipped at least 2-3 days later, although msmaggie above might not agree if this did the trick.
I also checked a friend's items that were also afflicted, his items are now without the offending promise. He hasn't attempted any countermeasures, so maybe Tyler's inquiries sussed it out.
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Did you check on both your mobile device and laptop? Haven’t checked on my PC yet today but on my mobile device I am still seeing Same Day Shipping on my items!
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I still see same day shipping on some of your listings on my PC. It is frustrating that they are so slow to fix problems like this...it has been at least 2 weeks.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

I haven't checked all 816 listings, but a couple of dozen I checked still same "Same day shipping"'

Message 20 of 28
latest reply