New Shipping Discounts with eBay Labels

Saw this email this morning, thought I'd share it if anyone may be interested and didn't get the email, decent discount:

Upcoming rate changes for Canada Post shipping on eBay Labels

eBay Canada is updating the rates available to sellers printing Canada Post shipping through eBay Labels.

Previously, sellers using eBay Labels received Canada Post rates equivalent to the Solution for Small Business Level 1 discounts. Beginning April 27, all Canada Post shipping rates purchased on eBay Labels will be equivalent to Solution for Small Business Level 4 discounts.

These new rates are automatically applied to all sellers purchasing through eBay Labels

See an overview of select services with their new discounts below. Click here for a comprehensive overview of the new rates for all Canada Post services.

Service Previous Discounts Discounts starting April 27

Domestic Expedited Parcel

Up to 11%

Up to 32%

Tracked Packet to US

Up to 40%

Up to 43%

Expedited Parcel to US

Up to 11%

Up to 20%

Tracked Packet International

Up to 45%

Up to 53%

Xpresspost International

Up to 45%

Up to 53%

Discounts vary based on the location of both buyer and seller. Tax and fuel surcharges may apply.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

That’s good stuff!
Message 2 of 100
latest reply

This is  a NEWS! I wonder if it applies to Shippo rates, too..?  🤔

Message 3 of 100
latest reply

That's really good news! I have a few questions though:

Will the rate shown to buyers be adjusted to show the level 4 discounts? This is really important to know.

For anyone currently using eBay labels, does the Tax Invoice report also show a breakdown of the taxes paid on the shipping labels?

Message 4 of 100
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

This is  a NEWS! I wonder if it applies to Shippo rates, too..?  🤔

I wondered the same thing, I use Shippo because it was lower (I'm not sure if I'm at Level 3 or 4 in my CP account) this looks good though and I know if you hit "purchase label" here it shows eBay's rate on same page as "Go to Shippo" so I am going to look. This doesn't kick in until later this week though (27th).

Message 5 of 100
latest reply

Will the rate shown to buyers be adjusted to show the level 4 discounts? This is really important to know.

Yes - This is very important to know! - I currently discount my shipping to account for the discounted rate I get via Shippo so I will need to adjust otherwise this will actually end up costing me. 

devon@ebay Can you confirm if listings will automatically update to reflect the discounted shipping proce on the 27th?

Message 6 of 100
latest reply

a nice discount for domestic Expedited Parcel rates may make my using flat rate boxes a thing of the past...

Message 7 of 100
latest reply

Is the issue witht he Small packet putting in some random tracking number still an issue?

I'm a level 3 not sure I would jump ship for small packets to save 10cents per and lose all the hard work to build my own account up. And then be at the mercy of ebay if an issue was to arrise with a shipment.

But good news overall, worth checking on larger parcels to save with for myself

Also have same question about is there a recipt with the tax paid breakdown for people who can claim ITC's

Message 8 of 100
latest reply

@regs43 

Many sellers, myself included, don't bother with tracking on low value items.

And we include our minimal shipping costs in the asking price, because a 99c card with an $11.00 shipping charge is a turnoff for buyers, while including the (actual 92c) Lettermail charge and calling the $1.99 listing Free Shipping is a selling point.

If a single 99c item goes "missing", we refund, Block, shrug and move on to pack several dozen other Free Shipping sales.

And if we have  a $500 item which means using a Tracked service, we charge  $512+ to cover the cost of the service, or raise our Best Office acceptance parameter to allow for the tracked shipping.

YMMV.

Message 9 of 100
latest reply

It would be nice to have the option of showing buyers the discounted rate or the retail rate.  

Message 10 of 100
latest reply

Great news!

devon@ebay   The 'click here link for a comprehensive overview' in the message doesn't appear to be working.  It just brings me to

https://www.ebay.com/?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=0&mkcid=27&bu=43760009886&osub=06c5eae563e3cc7ed466d9ad6...

Message 11 of 100
latest reply

Hi-I am trying this out as I usually just print via Canada Post but the prices seemed attractive. I don't see a place for the IOSS number for shipments to Europe so don't know how to continue. Do I put it in the box for the HS code? 

Also on a small packet shipment before this one I got a weird type of tracking number that didn't show on the label-not the UR number but it seems to be an ebay generated one and I don't know if it is valid or if I should still record the UR numbers as tracking for the states. 

Thanks for the help.

Message 12 of 100
latest reply

eBay does not enter the UR # as a tracking number...if you want the correct tracking number you will need to add it...and yes it then shows there are 2 numbers for that package, but when purchasing shipping labels for Small Packet through eBay, the number that eBay automatically enters IS NOT A Tracking number, and we have to ignore that one, so at best simply message your buyer with the correct tracking number.

For shipments to the UK and EU countries, an HS code is NOT same as the required lOSS number.

The HS  code identifies the category of the item/classification of the item...The IOSS number indicates VAT has been paid.

Message 13 of 100
latest reply

Yes I understand the difference between the HS code and the IOSS number but there is no place to enter the IOSS number to state that the VAT has been paid.  Where do I add that as my buyers will be charged twice.? 

Message 14 of 100
latest reply

Shippo confirms  the new rates will be automatically apllied, so we all are at CP 4th level now! 😃 

Message 15 of 100
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Shippo confirms  the new rates will be automatically apllied, so we all are at CP 4th level now! 😃 

@38e_avenue 

devon@ebay 

Now to get a confirmation from eBay the discounted rate can be available to the buyer vs having a necessity to refund to appease buyers. As noted in a previous post if the buyers do not see the specific discount they will run to the hills. And the discount varies based on the particular service so you cannot use a 1 size fits all discount in settings.

-Lotz

Message 16 of 100
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Does that mean that we get the level 4 discount in Shippo but the purchases are still credited to our Canada Post account? Because that would be great if we could work on moving up the tiers while also receiving the level 4 discount!

Message 17 of 100
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

Does that mean that we get the level 4 discount in Shippo but the purchases are still credited to our Canada Post account? Because that would be great if we could work on moving up the tiers while also receiving the level 4 discount!

I am not sure how it will work. I am charged by Shippo, once a week, or after I spend 100 dollars. I mainly ship through ChitChats, but still keep the Level 2 at CP.  I don't think I will switch to CP, but I am glad it goes into a right direction 😉

Message 18 of 100
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@38e_avenue wrote:

@38e_avenue 

devon@ebay 

Now to get a confirmation from eBay the discounted rate can be available to the buyer vs having a necessity to refund to appease buyers. As noted in a previous post if the buyers do not see the specific discount they will run to the hills. And the discount varies based on the particular service so you cannot use a 1 size fits all discount in settings.

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

I have to agree that the one size fits all discount does not work well. The US site does give sellers the choise   of having the buyer see the commercial discounted rate or the retail rate. We should have that option here.  I know a lot of US use the retail rate to cover handling fees and the fvf on shipping.  That should be  the seller's decision on how they want to handle that.

Sellers should also have the option of deciding if they want to offer the discounted rate on different services.   A seller may choose to show Fedex discounted rate and Canada Post retail rates.  The discounted rates for postal rates and courier rates are separate on .com.

Message 19 of 100
latest reply

Does anyone know if this will apply to Snapship?

Message 20 of 100
latest reply