New Shipping Discounts with eBay Labels

Saw this email this morning, thought I'd share it if anyone may be interested and didn't get the email, decent discount:

Upcoming rate changes for Canada Post shipping on eBay Labels

eBay Canada is updating the rates available to sellers printing Canada Post shipping through eBay Labels.

Previously, sellers using eBay Labels received Canada Post rates equivalent to the Solution for Small Business Level 1 discounts. Beginning April 27, all Canada Post shipping rates purchased on eBay Labels will be equivalent to Solution for Small Business Level 4 discounts.

These new rates are automatically applied to all sellers purchasing through eBay Labels

See an overview of select services with their new discounts below. Click here for a comprehensive overview of the new rates for all Canada Post services.

Service Previous Discounts Discounts starting April 27

Domestic Expedited Parcel

Up to 11%

Up to 32%

Tracked Packet to US

Up to 40%

Up to 43%

Expedited Parcel to US

Up to 11%

Up to 20%

Tracked Packet International

Up to 45%

Up to 53%

Xpresspost International

Up to 45%

Up to 53%

Discounts vary based on the location of both buyer and seller. Tax and fuel surcharges may apply.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: New Shipping Discounts with eBay Labels

@38e_avenue wrote:

A new try this morning: Italy, 150 g. (untracked). 

Image1.jpg

track.jpg

@msau4301 

@38e_avenue 

@doc_scribe 

@needsmorerobots 

@regs43 

@ilikehockeyjerseys 

@intimewithmusic 

Follow up from Shippo staff regarding a matching offer of level 4. Unfortunately the news is not good. See below.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1684793691320.png

Until the rates can be matched by Shippo it will be a sellers decision as to which method for shipping labels will be your preference(or a combination there of).  Hopefully sooner vs later the option for sellers to accurately show the discounted rate(if they so choose) will be an availible choice with eBay. Secondly eBay will be able to provide an actual receipt for anyone that requires it with the fuel and any applicable prov. taxes. 

-Lotz

Note: The calculator is technically available but only to sellers. The option to specify a US zipcode is still not an option so there may be variances based on final location.

Message 81 of 100
latest reply

Yes lotz I believe this another eBay only promo (like the Expedited Lite). I have still been using Shippo for my US tracked packages as the rate is only a few cents different and I prefer Shippo's invoicing, receipts and return label capabilities. I have been using eBay labels for my within Canada shipments (over 200 grams) as there has been a substantial savings there. I've yet to try out the Expedited Lite, even though I sold two items today that were set up with it, BUT one was bought by US buyer (so couldn't use it), the other was being combined with larger item (so again couldn't try it).

As you say it's the sellers decision which way to go. But I do like that we have a bit more options now with eBay's shipping promos right now.

Message 82 of 100
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Yes lotz I believe this another eBay only promo (like the Expedited Lite). I have still been using Shippo for my US tracked packages as the rate is only a few cents different and I prefer Shippo's invoicing, receipts and return label capabilities. I have been using eBay labels for my within Canada shipments (over 200 grams) as there has been a substantial savings there. I've yet to try out the Expedited Lite, even though I sold two items today that were set up with it, BUT one was bought by US buyer (so couldn't use it), the other was being combined with larger item (so again couldn't try it).

As you say it's the sellers decision which way to go. But I do like that we have a bit more options now with eBay's shipping promos right now.

@msau4301 

A few of us had gotten similar follow up  directly from Shippo after the original eBay announcement. I was pretty sure that they would not be able to match but was trying to remain optimistic. Without buyers being able to know there is a discount available it will mean sellers having to refund, if they so choose. It would be best if this information was known by buyers BEFORE they hit the checkout that rate shown was best available. Too many variables with a floating fuel surcharge and staggered service level discounts. The customs form in Shippo is leaps ahead of the 1 available in eBay Labels.

As a side for recent personal tests with eBay Labels, payment was processed in either 2,3 or 4 days. It gives a seller a feeling of having their funds held hostage to cover these charges. Something that contradicts what MP stated when it was first released. 

-Lotz

Message 83 of 100
latest reply

Have to agree, I wish the payment processing of the labels was immediate (from the processed payment itself) instead of a few days later. So far I've been lucky (knock on wood) and funds have come out of payments processing on newer sales because I had staggered payments (I do daily payouts), because I still do auctions I try to end most around the same time so it's almost like weekly anyways.

Also I agree, customs form is awesome on Shippo, as are the receipts and invoices (bookkeeper for 20 years I'm a paper and receipts kinda gal).

Also agree, would be nice if calculated shipping showed the lower rates (though it does with Expedite Lite I think) but since they haven't been I've been selfishly keeping the savings for myself...to help cover my always growing costs these days.

Message 84 of 100
latest reply

I had a hiccup with ebay labels this weekend. I had an order for 40 cards, 3 cards and  4 cards. All from the same buyer (40 is a limit per invoice). Not sure why they paid seperate for the 3 and 4 cards but alas, I decided to send with the expedited light method as it was less then 200grams.

Naturally I selected the 40 card order to create the label with so I wouldnt have to copy tracking to 40 items manually (which is a glitch 100% of the time and highly irritating!). I tried to create said label, and it wanted to default to me creating an expedited parcl not a lite one. So i selected lite as the dimensions I was entering were within the limit and weight etc. I proceeded to create the label and it gave me a failed error saying I was not charged and to try again, so I did. Same result failed and didnt give me a label to print. I found it interesting that both tiems it defaulted to expedited parcel and NOT expedited lite with default mesaurments at 10x7x1 and 40grams 1 per line. I wonder if it was 40 items on the invoice to cause this issue? This could be an issue for card sellers going forward if we cant create a label becasue it assumes whatvever its assuming. But alas there is more.

So I went to check the order in my awaiting to ship section and its missing. It had been assigned 2 tracking numbers and marked as shipped, which neither tracking number I had a label for and on my labels page there is no label showing (I will be keeping an eye to see if i am charged for either of these non existent labels). So i had to create the label in the end with one of the other 2 smaller orders. I marked the 40 card order as "not shipped" and both of these random tracking numbers disapeared, so stange. I then uploaded the proper one, what a gong show!

Oh and stil no recipts lol, and I am not sure if there is fuel with this service, as the price never went down at midnight like snap ship does! I even waited til like 3am to try again for my label on the smaller order and no difference in price. This service is all over the map for pricing becasue of tax and random base prices that we have no knowledge of what they are!

For anyone wondering I am charging $9 flat rate for this service (from Ottawa) and my range of labels is anywhere from $7.47 to $8.75 for a really rural address in Manitoba (cheaper to BC $7.47 then this destination in MB). My $9 seems to cover all labels, make a few pennies on some to offset the ones where I might have to pay more, should even out in the end. Keeping in mind, suplies are not free and ebay charges a fee on shipping, so the pennies help with that stuff.

Message 85 of 100
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I had a hiccup with ebay labels this weekend. I had an order for 40 cards, 3 cards and  4 cards. All from the same buyer (40 is a limit per invoice). Not sure why they paid seperate for the 3 and 4 cards but alas, I decided to send with the expedited light method as it was less then 200grams.

Naturally I selected the 40 card order to create the label with so I wouldnt have to copy tracking to 40 items manually (which is a glitch 100% of the time and highly irritating!). I tried to create said label, and it wanted to default to me creating an expedited parcl not a lite one. So i selected lite as the dimensions I was entering were within the limit and weight etc. I proceeded to create the label and it gave me a failed error saying I was not charged and to try again, so I did. Same result failed and didnt give me a label to print. I found it interesting that both tiems it defaulted to expedited parcel and NOT expedited lite with default mesaurments at 10x7x1 and 40grams 1 per line. I wonder if it was 40 items on the invoice to cause this issue? This could be an issue for card sellers going forward if we cant create a label becasue it assumes whatvever its assuming. But alas there is more.

So I went to check the order in my awaiting to ship section and its missing. It had been assigned 2 tracking numbers and marked as shipped, which neither tracking number I had a label for and on my labels page there is no label showing (I will be keeping an eye to see if i am charged for either of these non existent labels). So i had to create the label in the end with one of the other 2 smaller orders. I marked the 40 card order as "not shipped" and both of these random tracking numbers disapeared, so stange. I then uploaded the proper one, what a gong show!

Oh and stil no recipts lol, and I am not sure if there is fuel with this service, as the price never went down at midnight like snap ship does! I even waited til like 3am to try again for my label on the smaller order and no difference in price. This service is all over the map for pricing becasue of tax and random base prices that we have no knowledge of what they are!

For anyone wondering I am charging $9 flat rate for this service (from Ottawa) and my range of labels is anywhere from $7.47 to $8.75 for a really rural address in Manitoba (cheaper to BC $7.47 then this destination in MB). My $9 seems to cover all labels, make a few pennies on some to offset the ones where I might have to pay more, should even out in the end. Keeping in mind, suplies are not free and ebay charges a fee on shipping, so the pennies help with that stuff.

@regs43 

The times I have used eBay Labels recently I've just printed from the screen. If I check my regular email in gmail I am given the option to reprint the label. Did your original label show up that way? I've yet to see any kind of email in eBay regardings labels.

-Lotz

Message 86 of 100
latest reply

Shippo sets their own business policies.   I don't think it's realistic to expect them to adopt eBay policies. Level 4 and Exp Lite have only just happened. They affect the Canadian market which is minimal compared to the USA. I haven't heard of any 3rd party shipping compnaies in the US implementing eBay label pricing so why should Shippo? Fedex and UPS have sharpened their pencils.  They are worth incorporating into our listings. 

In Shippo's defense

1. For a recent USA shipment valued at $500 I used them to insure it and send it Tracked Packet USA. As @lotzofuniquegoodies points out neither CP EX Lite or eBay Tr Pkt USA can do that.

2. They are also able to provide a USPS return label for your customer's use from the USA to Canada. Can't get that one on eBay either. 

3. They have the best service on the planet.  You get a human being on the phone or on chat within minutes who knows what you are talking about even if it's complicated. Can't get that on "certain places" either.  

These are worthwhile considerations.  If you ship an item to the US that requires insurance or can possibly be returned let's give credit where credit is due. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Regarding Shipsurance, they have a new limit for Signature Required of $500Cad.  Here are some more details; "Signature confirmation will be automatically added to orders over $500 in value. This can be manually removed as long as the order does not meet any of the criteria listed below"
Computers (and similar electronics listed below - ADULT SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION REQUIRED)
Laptops
tablets
Desktop Computers
iPads
similar electronics
Mobile telephones
Cell Phones
Smart Phones
Similar electronics
Jewelry valued at $1000 or more (ADULT SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION REQUIRED)
necklaces, earrings, watches, rings, bracelets, broaches, etc
Parcels or freight with a value of $10,000 (ADULT SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION REQUIRED)

Message 87 of 100
latest reply

@regs43 

The times I have used eBay Labels recently I've just printed from the screen. If I check my regular email in gmail I am given the option to reprint the label. Did your original label show up that way? I've yet to see any kind of email in eBay regardings labels.

-Lotz

Yeah I have no problem printing the label, when there is one lol! but this one failed and never created a label (nothing shows in my labels section) but I had a fake tracking number on the order and when I tried to create a label again because it failed the first time, it failed again and added a second tracking number to the order. VERY odd!

I dont get emails from ebay about creating labels? I didnt even know that was a thing! What kind of info is on this email lol?

Message 88 of 100
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

@regs43 

-Lotz

Yeah I have no problem printing the label, when there is one lol! but this one failed and never created a label (nothing shows in my labels section) but I had a fake tracking number on the order and when I tried to create a label again because it failed the first time, it failed again and added a second tracking number to the order. VERY odd!

I dont get emails from ebay about creating labels? I didnt even know that was a thing! What kind of info is on this email lol?

@regs43 

Header flag is Your Label is Ready.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1684811107353.png

The above screenshot is from a label 9 days ago. Did a quick test and it still lets me reprint. I know there can be a time limit but not sure how long it is for this version.

-Lotz

Message 89 of 100
latest reply

Header flag is Your Label is Ready.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1684811107353.png

-Lotz

Never got any of these before! maybe one day it will randomly appear! I am not holding a lot of hope though

Message 90 of 100
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

That's interesting. I wonder if it's using the individual item weights rather than what you enter for the label? More disturbingly, maybe they changed something so the label is only usable in the Collectibles category (even though it's apparently supposed to be for sports cards and things too which I think are in Sporting Goods?)  Has anyone made an Expedited Lite label today for a collectable in another category?

Message 91 of 100
latest reply

That's interesting. I wonder if it's using the individual item weights rather than what you enter for the label? More disturbingly, maybe they changed something so the label is only usable in the Collectibles category (even though it's apparently supposed to be for sports cards and things too which I think are in Sporting Goods?)  Has anyone made an Expedited Lite label today for a collectable in another category?

I have flat rate, so no item weight entered. When I opened the ebay labels it assumed 10x7x1 for package and 40grams 1 gram per item. It assumes 10x7x1 for minimum package every time i have opened labels and it always assumes 1gram for the item when you dont enter anything.

Super weird!

Message 92 of 100
latest reply

Is their a level 4 calculator somewhere? Do customers see this discount? Don't sell much here mostly amazon fba but might try build up ebay again.

Trying a book on snapship shows $10.04+fuel,tax I guess around 14 expedited (30x23x2cm) 560 grams. Ebay shows 14.87 when I click on listing and check shipping so what would level 4 discount be?

Message 93 of 100
latest reply

When you buy a Small Packets label through eBay, they automatically fill in their own 100% numerical tracking number as opposed to the actual "UR" number. Does anyone know if the ebay number actually updates or should I be manually changing them all to "UR"?

Message 94 of 100
latest reply

That number they generate is some type of internal number and has nothing to do with tracking.  To show tracking for small packet on ebay, you need to enter the url number you enter it yourself.   To add it go to 'edit' next to the 'tracking number' that ebay is showing you then click on 'add additional tracking'.

Message 95 of 100
latest reply

So Shippo must have made some changes cause I cant print anymore. Is there a way to print thermal labels with eBay Labels?

Message 96 of 100
latest reply

I think it was an issue with Canada Post which probablly caused the problem.

From the Canada Post site yesterday (June 1) while checking tracking on some items I got  "We're experiencing technical difficulties. Thank you for your patience as we fix the problem." Since they had issues (mabye because of recent changes) I think it affected Shippo, eBay labels and anywhere using Canada Post. Seems to be okay now.

Message 97 of 100
latest reply

What category does a standard envelope fall under ? With tracking ?

Message 98 of 100
latest reply

Zombie Thread from 04-24-2023 08:46 AM

Message 99 of 100
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 100 of 100
latest reply