Saying goodbye to an old friend

Some of you may remember richardcm who posted on the .ca boards on and off the last 3 years.  Before that, he sold and posted with the eBay ID pocomocomputing and enjoyed answering  posts about anything shipping or tech related. 

Although he didn’t want it mentioned on the boards, Richard was doing his best to win his fight against cancer. He lost his fight earlier this year.  Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Saying goodbye to an old friend

marnotom!
Community Member
Sad news. Thank you for passing this along, @pjcdn2005.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

So very sad to hear this, thank you for letting us know.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I remember reading posts from this gentleman. I think he may have answered some of my shipping questions. He was always friendly and willing to share his knowledge. Very sad for his friends and family and a loss to the community here.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Living with cancer is no easy feat, I know I was diagnosed with HPV throat cancer in 2017, and continuing to sell and post on the Boards during my treatments and operations helped me immensely.

And yes cancer is a deeply personal thing, you question every single decision, and it plays with your mental health.

RIP  brave soul...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Some of you may remember richardcm who posted on the .ca boards on and off the last 3 years.  Before that, he sold and posted with the eBay ID pocomocomputing and enjoyed answering  posts about anything shipping or tech related. 

Although he didn’t want it mentioned on the boards, Richard was doing his best to win his fight against cancer. He lost his fight earlier this year.  Rest In Peace my friend. You will be missed.

Thanks for sharing. I had many very most enjoyable back and forths over the last several years. Always a definite pleasure. RIP Richardcm!!!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

May he rest in Peace.  We lost a great guy.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 thank you for letting us know! It was a sad news to learn about. I still remember how Poco offered me lots of help and advices back when I first started seling on eBay 10+ years ago. Without him and many other kind sellers here I'd have left eBay long ago already. I'm a cancer survivor myself and there are no easy battles. With the pandemic it was even harder. A good friend of mine also lost her mother to cancer earlier this year. 😢

Not sure how I missed this thread back in Sept but thank you GOE for bumping it up. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

So sorry to hear that news. I often wonder what has happened to some of the very helpful sellers and contributors  over the years. One was a seller of stamps, I don't remember his name, but he was always so helpful. He had to stop selling because of poor eyesight.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@triber, I do believe you're thinking of the much-missed @pierrelebel.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Yes, that is him, he was always so kind and helpful, I really miss him.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Oh boy!  He was a help to me on more than one occasion- RIP.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Pierre was a real gentleman. Sure do miss him and think of him whenever I make my tourtierres. His recipe was the best ever!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Very sad news...  RIP 🙏

Message 14 of 14
latest reply