Well this is the first weekend in years, that I have not had any sales.

Well this is the first weekend in years that I have not had any sales.  On a good weekend I would have 10-20 sales, this weekend nada.  I guess the sign of the times.   How are your sales, is there a difference.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@musicyouneed wrote:

Well this is the first weekend in years that I have not had any sales.  On a good weekend I would have 10-20 sales, this weekend nada.  I guess the sign of the times.   How are your sales, is there a difference.

My new normal:

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1659989848085.png

It's raining red!!!

-Lotz

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

suck it up buttercup!... it's becoming the norm so no need for "the sky is falling the sky is falling"...

just come on over and join the ever-growing list of low sales/no sales complaining sellers...

I am an occasional/infrequent seller across 3 selling venues and the same complaint is heard throughout.

I pay no attention to it; it is what it is and no amount of complaining will make a speck of difference.

C'est la vie...que sera, sera...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My store is currently on "time away" I try to take August off each year.

Before I closed my sales were a fraction of what was "COVID normal" about 20% of the COVID levels, which translates to about half of the pre-covid days.

So I'm battening down the hatches a bit, slowing purchasing somewhat of variable expenses like new stock etc, I've got a wealth of untouched someday stock acquired up to decades ago, so I can last a long time without having to purchase anything.

I did notice right before I closed that some larger stuff was starting to move (prior to that it was all $10 and $15 items, my lowest priced items are $10). That coincided with the easing of gas prices, probably simply coincidence.

Anyway it helps me believe my vacation this year isn't really costing me much income....trying to find the silver lining in the current situation so to speak!!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I did just do a quick check of some folks I "follow" so to speak in my world.

They also have have a very bad last few days, zero sales or very very low compared to what they normally have on a day to day basis.

Supports my "batten down the hatches" mentality. It will eventually pass.

When I have time whilst on "vacation" I'm busy preparing stuff for sale, it's what I've always done, got a good batch of stuff ready today! (I do the same on the "slow days" that I had before time away time).

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Mine isn't quite as bad, at least I have a couple of green.traffic.jpg

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yes, sales are off for me compared to late winter and early spring, but I have hope for a better future for all of us. I remain eternally optimistic.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The brick and mortar store I worked at for many years would often have mega sales on long weekends, but the August long weekend was an exception, likely because the marketing department discovered that much of the store's customer base was off doing summer stuff.

I think right now we’re looking at a double-whammy for sellers: summer vacays for those who can afford them and concerns about the increasing cost of necessities for those who can’t.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Interestingly the sales in my media store have actually increased recently, especially over the last 2 weeks. I've noticed a big jump in sales to Quebec for some reason.

flipistics_0-1659998528768.png

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Thursday through Saturday were record sales days for me at least lol.  Which I find funny because I only sell collectibles.  People always seem to have money for collectibles no matter how bad things get.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

TrafficCanada

Data for Jul 10 – Aug 9 at 12:03pm EDT. Percentage change relative to prior period. Performance statistics are rounded to the nearest tenth.
HELLO FOLKS
HERE IS MINE   ONE UP THREE DOWN----- SALES THIS WEEKEND WHERE ON AVG-  3 SMALL SALES BUT WITH MONTH END COST WIPED THOSE OUT AND THEN SOME-- STORE COST THEY ACTUALLY ASKED FOR MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT-MY STORAGE LOCKER COST MORE  --TO STORE AND WORK ON MY STUFF- RENT WENT UP 8 % AND OF COURSE THE BIG BEAST IN THE ROOM POSTAGE -- BUT LIKE THE OTHER PERSON SAID (IT IS WHAT  IT IS) I JUST KEEP LISTING MORE STUFF THIS WEEKEND GOT 27 NEW LISTED MONDAY 7 AND TUESDAY TODAY 3 SO FAR -- WHEN YOU CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING  JUST LIST
PS. TRIED THE SALE THING ON WEEKEND DIN'T DO A **bleep** THING -- WELL I TRY ANOTHER SALE THIS WEEK JUST TO SEE IF ANYTHING WORKS TO IMPROVE THINGS -- PROMOTED LISTING 5%-7% IT SEEMS  NOW THE NORM AND IS COSTING ALMOST HALF MY PROFIT -  BUT THEN AGAIN NO PROMO THEN ALMOST NO SALES 
BACK TO LISTING BEFORE LUNCH 
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

This weekend was slow. 

The last week/weekend of the month is usually great, and then there first week there is usually a bit of a hangover for sales. 

Sales for me have been fine. They were slow in March and April, but then picked back up. I do a lot of sales, offers to buyers, promoted listings, etc. More than I used to do. Depending on the category you sell in, using the above to alter your prices would be my advice. Adjust your expectations about what things should sell for. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply