Score is --Zero

Start Your Listing

OK but all my drafts are in the way

Score is --Zero

Templates

Why can I only see 10 out of 50?

Score is --Zero

Trying to start my listing eBay but all I see is snow

Start your engines eBay, the format is like staring into a snowstorm.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eBay New Listing Format Review

In attempting to create a new listing today (Oct 8, 2022) received the following error message. 

New listing tool error message.jpg

By adding Xpresspost Canada error message updates to this.

New listing tool error message2.jpg

In body of listing you see this error(s) message. 

New listing tool error message3.jpg

Item package weight entered is 600 grams. Measurements are 21 x 15 x 3 cms so within past guidelines.

First time seeing these error messages. Someone has tinkered and oopsied!!!

-Lotz

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Templates

Score is --Zero

Yes. This part is especially annoying.

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Templates

Score is --Zero

devon@ebay 

Went to update a listing this morning. System used the "new" listing tool. Maybe streamlined but definitely not an improvement. I know it's been showing the option to choose(switch) but something of this nature should have included a official announcement from eBay for an all out drop dead roll out (implementation).

-Lotz

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

It's just a guess... The new template appears to be designed for use on a cell phone. I understand that in some point in time (about 2 years ago) someone at eBay became obsessed with configuring listings for viewing aesthetically better on cell phones. 

I get that. However the translation doesn't work in reverse when using the form on a monitor screen. 

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

How about reviving the Business/Advanced form and calling it just that

This may make the guy who wanted the new form to look cool* without discouraging sellers who list more than one new item a month.

*I assume he wanted to make his job look useful rather than improving the seller experience.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Listing Form.JPG

Nope don't know the way to the CANCEL Button, but do know the way to San Jose and also know the way to AVOID it...

eBay is not the old reliable; eBay is the most unreliable and there are options, there are choices...

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@flipistics wrote:

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Templates

Score is --Zero

devon@ebay 

Went to update a listing this morning. System used the "new" listing tool. Maybe streamlined but definitely not an improvement. I know it's been showing the option to choose(switch) but something of this nature should have included a official announcement from eBay for an all out drop dead roll out (implementation).

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I will be sure to share this feedback with the Listing Tools team. 

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Credit when credit is due....Here's a positive comment about the new listing format: !

Drag and Drop. Gotta love that!  Will be particularily useful when the new 12 photo limit increased to 24 photos (see Fall Seller Update)  comes into effect. We will soon have some museum type artifacts to list where 12 photos isn't going to cut it and a video insert was planned. 24 photos will be much faster. 

The photo tools are OK too however,  more of a dissapoinment,  I really liked the "MAGIC WAND" which has been excluded  in the new format. Too bad. That was a real time saver when camera settings weren't optimum. 

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I just opened up a draft and got the new format.  No way to go back is there?

That magic wand was very handy for some stuff.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

I just opened up a draft and got the new format.  No way to go back is there?

That magic wand was very handy for some stuff.

It's like the Hotel California...Once you visit you can NEVER leave!!

-Lotz

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

But I didn't even know I had checked in!   PITA to have to click open each picture to rotate them.  Ah well, minor aggravations, it's only my time what!  

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Oooh, lost the reset button.  Careful hitting done on edits.  

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

@byto253 wrote:

But I didn't even know I had checked in!   PITA to have to click open each picture to rotate them.  Ah well, minor aggravations, it's only my time what!  

Double clicking on them works.......sometimes...Just the rotate seems bass ackwards.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

On .com I was having trouble adding a 2nd economy international shipping option - one for Canada and one for the UK.   When I tried to select the same economy option, it deletes the first one. 

I found the method/work around.  Move your cursor to the top right of an existing shipping service you want to use again, click on the 3 dots, and the option to "Add Similar" will be shown.  That lets you use the same service more than once.   Picture example below.

Ship options.jpg

Message 15 of 51
latest reply

This new format is a *little* bit better than the previous one they tried to force on us. However, I backed out twice when I tried to list an item. Just can't do it. I hate changes, especially changes for the worst. I wonder if I will still list stuff now that there is no way to back out.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

I was still able to use the old listing format earlier today, but hopefully my backup plan of using the templates made from the old listing format still work. In the meantime I am moving all my listings over to my other 2 selling sites, in anticipation of eBay totally removing any and all access to the old listing format, which I expect will be forthcoming at some point, and then at that point my listing on eBay will be at best, so minimal that being forced to use the new listing format will be  delegated to just a few select items, with minimal annoyance/frustration/angst which will in time, will indeed lead to my total abandonment of the eBay site....at my age I simply don't need this ever changing for the sake of change,not for the betterment or ease of use for the seller site, in my life anymore...nope simply don't need this aggravation...

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

This new format is a *little* bit better than the previous one they tried to force on us. However, I backed out twice when I tried to list an item. Just can't do it. I hate changes, especially changes for the worst. I wonder if I will still list stuff now that there is no way to back out.

One other nuance of the new tool vs the old, when used on pc if you have multiple windows open the tab blends in with any other open tabs. In the past it was flagged and easy to find. Going forward best workaround  is to make sure window you are using is either first or last so it is  easier to locate. I have had less problems of the new tool crashing if you walk away briefly and then return to complete so that's a big plus. That used to happen going for a coffee in the past.(In house....not next town over)

-Lotz

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

I am doing ok with it now, just adjusting to the "phone" layout of the "flow".  The information is the same, just presented differently so it takes a bit of time.  Luckily I have not had any instability problems.  

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

Truly awful format.  Time consuming.  Not so intuitive as they'd like to think.  Fields added that are completely unesessary (copying Amazon).  Score would be less than zero if I could.

As someone else said "if it ain't broke...".   Another change without notification to sellers and likely zero input from any seller.  Some programmer having fun.  How about eBay reducing seller fees instead of wasting time and money on **bleep**py so-called upgrades.

Message 20 of 51
latest reply