Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

eBay Workshop: Recently Announced Feedback Changes, August 4, 4-5 PM EDT

Topic: Recently Announced Feedback Changes Host: eBay Staff Date: Thursday, August 4,2005 Time: 04:00 – 05:00 EDT Location: Canada Town Square Recently, at eBay Live! 2005, Bill Cobb, President of eBay North America, announced upcoming changes to the...

Reserve price can't be used on repeat auction listings! - Why!!

In all of my listings I've always used just a starting price. Today, while relisting some items, I wanted to try something new: reduce the starting price to a very minimum ($.99) and use the higher reserve price option (60.00) in order of not being o...

Official Reply from "Buyer Protection Requires tracking" from PayPal!

I posted a suggestion to PayPal through their help system stating why Canadians can't easily add tracking to most of our shipments and how PayPal's Buyer Protection policy screws us around because of it. Here was the reply: Dear Vesivus, Hello my nam...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS #2

Going on my 2nd trip this weekend witha bout 100 books...however also have 2 hockey jerseys that I would like to ship with a confirm #/....can other than media items get across easily? Do you just say used collectibles to agent?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any Experience with Moneybooker?

Recently some buyers send me payment by moneybookers, I found it costs less than paypal. If we receive a payment from Europe/Australia, we have to pay 2.5% (Currency exchange)+3.9%( board cross fee)+0.30 USD in total, that's 6.4%. for moneybookers, b...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

SELLERS BEWARE PAYPAL FRAUD COMPANY !!

Paypal claims they have seller protection and if you ship with tracking number and signature and you are protected with seller protection. We received a chargeback and we had proof of delivery with signature from client. Client tried to pull an easy ...

Change to Lettermail - Canada Post

Canada Post has just announced a major change in policy that will negatively impact our business. The change in policy is that from September 19th, 2005 onwards lettermail may no longer contain any items which are not documents. Currently, as long as...

Did you see on PS .COM-You are invited: PowerSeller Policy Webinar 7/29/05

PowerSeller Policy Webinar 7/29/05 10 AM PT/1 PM ET Posted by Shira. " PowerSeller Policy Webinar: July 29, 2005 Join a panel of eBay Policy Experts in an Interactive Online Seminar Exclusively for PowerSellers Friday, July 29, 10am-Noon Pacific / (1...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post (official???) explanation for letterpost change

This policy has forever been with Canada Post, but was never reinforced and the corporation was very lenient in regards to the matter. Just recently has it been discovered that there is a problem with allowing this to happen. Customers have been send...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help---Prostores Setup Problem

I just subscribed to the Prostores (Business Edtion)and had a bunch of questions. Here are some: 1). "Site Administrator" are mentioned in the manual many times but I couldn't find it. Is that a person? 2). Accrording to the feature comparison chart,...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

What the ....?????

Anyone noticed this? I went in to revise one of my items this morning and, reading down the list just before the "save revisions" button, I saw this: "Buyer financing options: Special summer offer! "Buy today and make no payments for 3 months" will b...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

PowerSeller Welcome Package -- Your thoughts

Hello PowerSellers, eBay.ca sends out a Welcome Package to new Power Sellers via postal mail. Some of you may remember receiving them. A thread about the welcome package was started in the selling discussion board. I thought we should bring the topic...

Stupid excuse from a non paying bidder

This people think we are morons: Hi Good Afternoon, I have just found our babysitter (who just turned 13) on the computer placing bids and have just noticed that he apparently has bid on several items. I dont't know what he bid on, however due to the...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Newbie here :) saying hello

Hi all, Just wanted to drop in and say Hello. I`m reading all the posts, and learning alot so just wanted to say Hi and not be rude . Blessings Rheanna Magikal Elements Ebay ID magickalbuys

New Powerseller Free shipping for a month "" Question""

Hi, In my kudos email from eBay , it said free shipping for a month to US and international destinations with Canada post, so i clicked the link and signed up with the Powerseller program on CPost website. Recieved the confirmation email today, with ...

No Tracking Number, Paypal always re-embourses the buyer ;-(

Hi, I need some help here, would anybody know a way to ship standard surface or air mail (at a reasonable price) with Canada Post and get a tracking number? I sent an item to Italy, the buyer was (lets say) to economical to pay air mail, so it was se...

Canada Post Shipping Calculator for Listings

I came across a Canada Post Shipping Calculator for insertion into listings. It is very customizable. You can specify - the types of mailing services to be displayed, - the exchange rate - a handling fee - a discount % rate by service (for those gett...

1 Month Free Shipping from CP to U.S and International

Hi, Has anyone tried the 1 month free shipping to US and other countries? Any idea on how it works, I have already registered on the www.canadapost.ca I've tried couple of times the EST , but it looks much confusing. Any detailed idea or suggestion w...

International Shipping with USPS

Hi, I am looking for some help with my first International shipment using USPS. I will be using Endicia to purchase the postage. My questions are: 1) Can I still insure airmail parcel post with endicia (yes I know its not trackable) 2) Are there sepa...

Help with lighting?

Can anyone give me some ideas about getting the best lighting for photos to use with listings? I keep experimenting with different locations in my home, indoor and outdoor lighting, different times of day. So far haven't found anyting I'm happy with....

Is it possible to have USPS boxes and supplies delivered to Canada?

I tried logging onto the USPS store to order some boxes. I got as far as ordering the boxes and getting to checkout but then on the confirmation screen it said it couldn't deliver to Canada for web orders. I tried calling the general USPS number, fol...

Income Tax - declaring ebay income to Revenue Canada

I would like to hear what everybody does about declaring ebay income for income tax. This is assuming your don't have an official business, but need to declare as personal income. I am very worried about the next tax time. To really legal sell stuff ...

Discussion with eBay.ca Country Manager, thurs, July 21, 3:00-4:00 PM EDT

Please join us on Thursday, July 21, from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT for a general discussion and question and answer session with Jordan, the eBay.ca Country Manager. Jordan will be here on behalf of the eBay.ca team to answer any questions you have abo...

USPS: How to Pack a Hippo

For those of us planning to ship items via the USPS they have a handy guide on their website for packing various items. http://www.usps.com/moversnet/howtopacka2.html?rf#hippos I can't find "soothing hippo music" anywhere on eBay... ?:|

NEWBIE NEGATIVE BLUES

Hello All, Like most maritimers, I'm enjoying the summer. The standard uniform is Luau shirts and shorts. But I digress. We just ook a negative from a 10 (11-1). I didn't think to nullify the win when I saw the neg he was left. Dumb Power Seller. We ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

~~~Get Your Paypal Coupons Here!~~~

Save some cash on your eBay purchases and offer them to your customers! Coupon codes valid until July 15th, 2005 only. Good on eBay purchases paid through Paypal. Enter the coupon redemption code in the proper field when filling out your Paypal payme...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

New eBay Auction Template - Can you critique for me?

Hi Guys, I've been aware that I have had a most miserable looking storefront and auction pages for some time now. I hired someone to create a custom template for me. Before I give him confirmation on this project I was wondering if you guys could cri...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.