Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

News From Soapbox, Unhappy Sellers

Here's a message posted on an international Meccano discussion group where ebay is often discussed and where members often perform the "good citizen" activities on which ebay depends. (Noting fake listings, etc.)The sharp and unjustified fee increase...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Problems with CP thermal labels?

I got a thermal printer and tried using thermal labels I got from CP, but it doesn't print anything out on them. I some labels with the printer and it prints on those so I know it works, but for some reason the thermal labels from CP don't work. Idea...

About a tuba- He'p Me, He'p Me Pleeeeze

Hello all, This might be a Malcolm question. But then again we might have another instrument person amongst this august group (how's that for sucking up?) We just got a tuba to sell (kind of a long story along the lines of "hey you guys enjoy a chall...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Oh, Canada Post .....

Sticking it to us again - this time in terms of workload and hassle instead of $$$. Just went to my local CP company outlet with my usual mix of Expedited and Small Packet parcels. It seems that as of today Canada Post has a new method of handling Ex...

• 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

PS BENEFITS - USA VS CANADA

USA: Recognized, Respected and Rewarded Membership is FREE and the benefits are numerous. Priority Customer Support Through the PowerSeller Program, eBay provides you with priority customer support and technical assistance for your eBay accounts and ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

I thought about this yesterday when I was looking for Lisa. I was getting impatient wondering if anyone had seen her. I didn't want to post in another thread because it may have been mised, so I had to email her instead. (Which was no problem by the ...

• 950 replies
  • 0 helpful

Heads Up: 5 Cent listing day on Valentine's Day

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/promo13579/ This is for the U.S. site but eBay.ca usually falls in line, although there is no announcement as of right now. Cheers, Ernie.

saying the truth about Ebay ....

Wow what a quality service they have... Ebay moderators reply very fast when you are saying the truth on Ebay not warning of consequences of signing up with Canada Post when you already have an account. They replied in less than 30 minutes... that's ...

***New eBay Stores Benefits – Message from Chris Tsakalakis***

On .COM Announcement Board: ***New eBay Stores Benefits – Message from Chris Tsakalakis*** Date: 02/10/05 Time: 11:01:27 AM PST As senior director of eBay Stores, I’m pleased to tell you more about the new benefits to eBay Stores that Bill Cobb menti...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Erosion of market confidence

Hello all, For years I've studied ripple effects of corporate decisions. Some of it is rather predictable. E-Bay recently decided on dramtic price increases. There was and is much angst abroad in the land. That angst might be translating to buyers ba...

eBay Power Seller Gifts to US Power Sellers

Once a month I venture onto the US PS Discusion Board There are currently a couple of complaints about a few Power Sellers who have NOT received their package of gifts from eBay. However, like everything else eBay paid attention to its US Power Sller...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

E-BAY ITEM WON AND OUTBID NOTICES

Never really paid attention to this but I received an Item not won notice at 1:16pm, and then for the same item I received an outbid notice at 1:46pm. A little after the fact eh E-Bay? I would have liked to try and win that item, instead I lost it fo...

Do You ever check on those who left you negs?

While no one should dwell on the past, I thought it would be interesting to see ow those people that negged me are doing on eBay and if my experience with them was duplicated with anyone else. I just checked out the 4 people who left me negative FB s...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dormant ebayer Name

Hello all, I am in need once again of your collective and singular wisdom. Joanne and I want to change the name of our e-Bay enterprise. The desired name is held by a person in the US but is pretty much dormant. What is your sense of the idea of gett...

Good news on the dollar front?

Anyone have a reaction to today's apparent change in direction for the Canadian Dollar. I'm not talking about the drop over the last week but rather the "sentiment" change brought on by the pending (Friday) "forecast" by Mr. Dodge and the anticipated...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

problems with picture page when trying to list items

Hey there, is anybody else experiencing a frozen screen when you get to the picture page of the listing area? What is happening to me is that I am trying to revise my item, but when I go to revise picture, the screen freezes ALL THE TIME and I can't ...

PAYPAL BUG New For 2005

You may of noticed my other Paypal threads and today i finally got an answer from them and they called it a "Paypal Bug" This has affected my site from the middle of Jan. and what it does is delete your shipping amount from all Paypal payments.At thi...

Has anyone Contacted Paypal and received reponse?

I still have the problem of having my shipping costs excluded from all Paypal payments.I have sent over 20 memos to them off the website and no reply.I tried to phone them as well and was on hold for 41 minutes,long distance charges,listening to thei...

Automated feedback

Anyone recommend a good web-based automatic feedback tool? The kind of thing that will return pos. feedback when received. I don't want to pay for Marketworks. Thanks, Ann

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Opt out of buyer protection Paypal

I was just reading this over at paypal,http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help-ext&eloc=1121&loc=1099&unique_id=56659&source_page=_home&flow= You can opt out of the buyer protection plan. I was wondering if anybody has done it and if it has af...

Adding GST to invoices?

HI, I'm thinking about charging GST to my cdn. customers (I've just been "including" it in my fees). Is there any way to have that automatically added into the invoice that ebay sends out? I've been listing on ebay.com and there doesn't seem to be an...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone else finding it slow?

The last 10 days or so have been really slow - if it wasn't for a couple of regular customers I'd be dead in the water. How are your sales? Ann

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal's New Fee Tiers Include an Extra Increase?

Everyone remember that Paypal fees are changing come August? Don't know about most of you but it looks like I'm going to be without a merchant rate account (ie. less than $3000/month). Now I remember back when this was announced, my rate was going to...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do we get FREE USPS Priority Boxes??

Hi-We are doing our first shipment through USPS tomorrow. I've read every thread I could find on here about shipping via USPS. We signed up for Endicia for our postage (great program!), have all of our boxes ready to go, along with invoices and manif...

US SP Board link

I'm using a different machine (without my bookmarks) and I'm trying to get into the USPS board without success. The link on the PS portal page just keeps looping back. can soneone please provide the link? Thanks Ann

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian Toy Fair

Went to the Canadian Toy and Hobby Fair this weekend. ( I didn't go to get ideas to sell on ebay before anyone asks ). Talk about junk. Needless to say, almost everything was made in China. I think the worst part is seeing a bunch of new vendors tryi...

Important Notice for Canadian Sellers using PAYPAL

If you are a smart seller you will NOT accept Paypal for items with no tracking number.I have found this out again today for the last time.If you do not have proof of sending with tracking number all your buyers can get their money back whether they ...

Another plausible scam to beware of!

Got this from our daughter & son-in-law: My husband was called on Wednesday from "VISA", and I was called on Thursday from "MasterCard". The scam works like this: Person calling says, "this is , and I'm calling from the Security and Fraud Department ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay Store Vs. No Store

I've just been added to the Canadian PowerSellers program as a bronze member and have noticed many succesful eBay'ers have an eBay store. Does having a store really affect your sales or the number of views your items get? If so how much does it cost ...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.