Money back guarantee defective used item with no return stated.

Hello, I have bought a used laptop from a seller with no returns but the laptop is defective, broken.

The listing says it's a used item with a 9/10 rating, no where does it say its not working. I have initiated the money back guarantee process but I'm wondering if I should of started the paypal process instead? It says in the help section you need to do one or the other not both.

Anyone with a similar experience or insight into this scenario?

Thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

When you file a not as described claim with eBay they require the seller to send you a return label or send you money for a label before you send the item back. PayPal requires that the buyer pay shipping for all returns so it is better that you opened an eBay claim.

Used means still working when it comes to laptops. Perhaps it was damaged in transport. Regardless, as a buyer, the reason it doesn’t work is less significant than the fact it doesn’t work. The seller’s Return Policy is overwritten by the MoneyBack Guarantee. The next step will be for the seller to either send you a postage label for the return, or funds to buy a postage label. Be certain to return it via a tracked service and follow all prompts given to you by eBay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

No returns....  does not mean .... No Refunds