Seller requesting more money

Hi,
I just bought an item and paid for it right away.
The seller contacted me

If they said that they made an error in shipping quote and apologized for that, I would probably pay this extra amount, after all it's not much. But with this wording I feel like it's an extortion (tiny one). Perhaps I am overreacting, but why should I pay anything extra?
Should I just tell them to cancel my order? Or what are my actions?

Thank you for any feedback.

View Entire Topic

Technically, the shipping cost the seller posts to your location is the most he can charge.

"To your location" is important, since if we are shopping on a foreign site, like dotCOM or dotDE, we will see badges like "Free Shipping"  that apply only to buyers in that country.

It is important that as buyers, we check that Shipping to our country matches the hype.

But we are all grownups here. 

The Buyer can request (and pay for) upgraded service.

The Buyer can request (and be refunded for) downgraded* service.

The Seller can NOT request more money, but some do and some very very understanding customers will pay it. And some get upset and cancel the entire sale.

Every seller has lost money on a sale because she underestimated the cost of shipping, especially on Flat Rate shipping when postal rates change.

If we are calm about it, it usually works out in the end.

Usually.

*This is usually a scam, requesting lower and untracked service followed in a week or so with an Item Not Received Dispute. New sellers are often warned about this.