having 2 folding knives shipped to Canada

i ordered 2 folding knives on ebay and i relise it might  be illegal in Canada. Is there a chance I would be charged or get in any troubles? thank you.

View Entire Topic

yeah it has been shipped. i really dont know what to do cause i have been in Canada for only for 6 months.

Ignoring details like legality,  Canada Customs tends to ignore small and low value (under ~$100) shipments.

So it may show up with no problems.

Or the shipment could be confiscated at the border, if someone actually reads the customs label.

Cross all your fingers and toes.

The other thing is that carrying a switchblade (I'm assuming that's what you mean because ordinary folding knives like Swiss Army knives are fine) is also illegal and if you get stopped and searched, you could be in trouble then.

Again at a minimum, seizure.

This is eBay's boilerplate for Sellers who are shipping overseas.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

Which I think means that if the knives are seized, you cannot get a refund from eBay or Paypal.