So really .... I'm screwed !?! 30 days?

So really  ...... I'm hooped?

I sent yet another request to the seller to send me back my money.  Still nothing, so I went to open a buyer protection thing only to see this:

" Unfortunately, your purchase is no longer eligible for eBay Buyer Protection since 30 days have passed since the estimated delivery date of the item but we encourage you to contact the seller to work things out. Most sellers want their buyers to be satisfied and will work with you. ......"

I didn't know that, so I guess I'm screwed ..... I'm glad this was only for $12 bucks or I'd be really **bleep**.  I think Ebay should make that 30 DAY rule better known .... this sucks.  Has ebay ever thought that shipping from China might take close to 30 days?

I also can't leave feedback so I can tell others that these guys hosed me ..... because it says:

We are unable to add your feedback for 1 transaction

Here's why:
Item was not found because:
This item number does not exist
Or you have already left feedback.

THIS SUCKS ...... I haven't left feedback because that's the tool, I like to use to make sure I get my stuff .....

I guess I'm screwed huh kids.  Too bad but it is the first time I ever got hosed so - oh well .....

Can you guys think of anything I can do?

Cheers'

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

In order to get your money back in a case of "Item not received", you have 180 days to open a case with PayPal.

As for the feedback, try logging in eBay.com and leave the feedback from there (you have 60 days from the time of purchase and not the time of payment). I know it is strange, but this message sometimes appear on eBay.ca.

What funding source did you use?

Paypal? Go to your paypal account and open an Item Not Received case, escalate it and don't accept a replacement. Get your money back and try elsewhere. 

If it was credit card, call the card provider and do the same. 

Regardless of the country of origin or estimated dates of delivery, it is the seller who is obligated to prove it was delivered. With tracking. If it wasn't, you get your money back. 

Paypal offers it for 180 days from time of payment. 

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2016

The problem with Zombie Threads is that the advice may be out of date and inaccurate.

If you have a similar problem, start a new thread for useable advice.

@happy_pigeon

mcrlmn
Community Member

Ancient thread, but for those asking the same question...

You can use Money Back Guarantee up to 30 days after you received your item (or when you should have received it).

After 30 days, file for PayPal Purchase Protection in your PayPal account.

PayPal offers a 180 day window for coverage of items that are not as described or not received.

Also, details of ebay's MoneyBack Guarantee are literally on every page you view to buy an item. 

https://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Under the heading 'Guarantee'

What you can do is learn a valuable yet relatively cheap $12.00 lesson not to buy from China ever again. When you get what ever it was you ordered it will probably be junk anyway. Maybe it will show up in another few weeks. Stick to buying from Canada or USA and you won't have any problems. Anything cheap from China usually is cheap quality, forget about it and move on.

Here's why:

I suspect this means the seller has been booted off eBay for nefarious actions.

Call Paypal.

Their Resolution Centre is hidden on the top of your account page under Tools.

Say that the seller is Not A Registered Seller in the Paypal Dispute. It helps.

You are still covered by Paypal.

If you paid with Paypal.

PP hides its Resolution Centre at the top of your account page under Tools.

The first step is to contact the seller but since you have already done that, go right to escalating to a Claim.

If the seller does not refund you (promptly, it takes seconds, but allow for time differences and give the scammer seller 24 hours). Paypal will refund you and go after the seller for their money.

Paypal doesn't like sellers who make PP give money back.

If you did not use PP, go to the credit card you did use, and call the 1-800 customer service number on the back. The clerk will need all your dates, payments, currency, transaction numbers etc, to process your refund.

@davecason wrote:

So really  ...... I'm hooped?

I sent yet another request to the seller to send me back my money.  Still nothing, so I went to open a buyer protection thing only to see this:

" Unfortunately, your purchase is no longer eligible for eBay Buyer Protection since 30 days have passed since the estimated delivery date of the item but we encourage you to contact the seller to work things out. Most sellers want their buyers to be satisfied and will work with you. ......"

I didn't know that, so I guess I'm screwed ..... I'm glad this was only for $12 bucks or I'd be really **bleep**.  I think Ebay should make that 30 DAY rule better known .... this sucks.  Has ebay ever thought that shipping from China might take close to 30 days?

I also can't leave feedback so I can tell others that these guys hosed me ..... because it says:

Here's why:

THIS SUCKS ...... I haven't left feedback because that's the tool, I like to use to make sure I get my stuff .....

I guess I'm screwed huh kids.  Too bad but it is the first time I ever got hosed so - oh well .....

Can you guys think of anything I can do?

Cheers'

Dave

not really, it takes months sometimes if item was shipped  cheapley from china is there a date when shipping was estimated ,you can contact pay pal,or if purchase was with a credit card you maybe able to talk to them ,lots of alternatives,realy not sure why so many people shop overseas,it takes forever to recieve items,stressfull yes,items with realy cheap or free shipping is a coman problem on here,you are better to buy from canada or usa,if you do open a case with pay pal be sure you no the facts first,like allow the right amount of time for shipping from overseas,and if you do get your money back, and you won your case with pay pal,just remember to pay the seller if your item does show up,just my thoughts

xeposter
Community Member

If the item was not as described, you should still be able to return the item. Try making a return request. If you suddenly decided you did not want the item, you are in the 30 day thing. You are lucky the seller even offers 30 day returns...most sellers offer no or 14 day returns.

Alex