What should I do to speed up the process of returning the package to the seller?

miph_72
Community Member

Weeks ago, I ordered an item and had it sent to Canada. But for some reason, the label of the package set the Canadian address to Germany, and is somehow overlooked by the seller. Many days later when I noticed it had arrived in Germany with a shipping address in that country, I contacted UPS (the courier in question), got a confirmation that the shipping label had a wrong address and was told to ask the seller for authorizing UPS to return it to them so that they could properly send it to the right address afterwards. The seller then apologized for the situation and authorized UPS to do so, but informed me that it would unfortunately take weeks or months for the courier to bring it back.

My package has been stuck in Germany for a week or two now. So just in case that it finally gets returned after 2 months, can anyone give me some advice on what to do to speed up the process? I do not have any intention to get a refund in the meantime.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

But for some reason, the label of the package set the Canadian address to Germany, and is somehow overlooked by the seller.

Very odd.

If the seller printed out the address from eBay, the address would be the one on file with eBay.

And you would have provided it.

If an address is Undeliverable , the seller is not required to refund you a single penny.

Even with a handwritten address, paying for courier delivery to Germany instead of Canada would be expensive.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?....

'If the seller is offering you your money back, take it.

Ask that the seller then contact you when he receives the returned shipment and start a new purchase.

Otherwise you are likely, very likely , to end up with neither money nor purchase.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Honestly, I doubt there is much that you can do to speed things up.  It sounds like you want the item instead of a refund but keep in mind that opening a claim with ebays money back guarantee needs to be filed within 30 days after the estimated delivery date.  There is a chance that if you wait too long and the item doesn't show up that you will be out the money so keep that date in mind.