Won an item at good price seller claim it's damaged and probably shipped other item

olid_73
Community Member

So i won an auction on Febuary 9 for a nice 3d printer. 275$ and the printer is probaly worth 700+ it is from a very reputable seller with more than 152k items sold on ebay so no small fish. two days after i won the seller contanct me and claim the printer is broken and ask me to full refund and give me 5$ in compensation LOL. I said to that: i want to see some picture and i don't want a refund i want my printer. they responded by saying that its too damage and no picture avalible WOW. cut back to the 14 i still push them into givin it to me and they responded still that it is too damage and now they will send me a 1kg fillament and after the email the item is shipped. the big problem is that the item comes from vancouver and they sent me a shipping code from china. i honestly belive they sent

me a 1kg fillament instead of the printer. what do i do because i can't open an item not recive case 

They did not contact ebay 

 it is not true that it is an old printer since you can buy all the parts you need on their website

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

No one can force the seller to ship, any more than any one can force a buyer to pay.

There can be repercussions.

You can accept the cancellation and get your money back. You can leave appropriate feedback and if the seller uses the Out Of Stock/Damaged reason he gets a Defect on his account.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Or you can wait until something arrives, put in a Not As Described claim, get a refund after returning the Thing to the seller.  He has no repercussions if he refunds promptly and neither of you can leave feedback.

Your choice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sadly it's not uncommon from some sellers on eBay to cancel auctions when they don't go at the expected price. I would suspect this seller is lying all the way but this is just me. You cannot do anything as no one can force someone to ship

If he did not cancelled yet i feel like he's maybe trying to play you and make you ask him to cancel. To cancel as 'buyer request to cancel' instead of 'damaged or out of stock' to dodge a selling defect. Just tell him you want the printer and stop communication in my opinion

If he cancel you'll be able to leave a negative feedback. If he cancel and do not select 'damaged or out of stock' as reason, you can contact eBay to have him receive a selling defect. Or you can accept what he offer and move on. Otherwise there's nothing you can do