hi goodafternoon, my account has been blocked or i cant buy or bid anymore coz i have un paid item

atarije24
Community Member

hi goodafternoon, my account has been blocked or i cant buy or bid anymore coz  i have un paid item, can you closed the case. so i can bid and buy again. i know i have a case. but i think i already solve it. i email them already and say sorry coz i did not buy their item. and the other case is i really want to pay for the flash toy but saddenly im already blocked. so the days past. pls. i learned my lesson now can you closed the case. thank you and god bless more power to EBAY.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Zombie Thread from when the world was young and I still had hair and a waist line - aka 2014 

mcrlmn
Community Member

You've been an eBay member since July 2011, and are aware and experienced.

If you're blocked from buying, I suspect you have other unpaid item strikes.

The responders here are just buyers and sellers; no ebay staff. Even if we were ebay staff members, we couldn't just "close the case".

Apologies do not solve cases but payments do and only within a certain timeframe. If you failed to pay within that timeframe, you first get an unpaid item notice. If you choose to ignore the notice and not pay, the seller can close the unpaid item dispute which gives you an unpaid item strike.

Since you chose to not pay for at least 2 items after receiving invoices from the sellers and possibly reminders from them to pay plus the "you won" emails from ebay plus the possible ebay reminders, you were given unpaid item strikes. Most sellers have set up their buyer requirements to block bidders with at least 2 unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months. You will have to wait 12 months from when you got the first strike for it to age off and you'll have one strike left.

I'm sure you now realize that when you bid/buy, you are expected to pay. Legally, a seller could sue you for non payment but rarely do sellers go that far because for most items, the expense to sue would exceed the price of the item.

Many if not most Sellers have set their Seller Preferences to Block bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes.

EBay will step in and close a Buying account if the member has "too many" UID Strikes. They do not disclose how many is "too many".

An open UID should not interfere with your ability to pay for your purchase.

That would be, to say the least, counter-productive.

I agree something has not been disclosed here.

You will find most sellers have an automatic block that refuses

bids from deadbeat buyers who don't pay.

anymore unpaid items and you will probably find ebay

telling you to take a hike.

this is not ebay,we are buyers and sellers.