returning a wrong product

ezcalc
Community Member

I bought a 8TB hard drive from Newegg and they sent me a 1.5 TB drive in 8TB package instead. I discovered the problem a little more than a month and Newegg refused to replace the hard drive. What is the ebay return policy in this case?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

The attached link is a copy of eBay's return policy.

https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?query=1437&st=7&topicName=Returning+an+item

What I did in the past when I was making a number of purchases at the same time, was printing out a copy of my purchases along with the payment details and then matching them up with the item packing slip when the goods arrived. Unfortunately it seems currently a number of sellers are not including a packing slip which should be standard procedure. Always best to inspect and confirm your package AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE for correct quantity,description and any possible defects and contact the seller as quickly as possible if anything is noted.

-CM

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

You have 30 days from delivery to open a Not As Described dispute.

The Paypal Resolution Centre is a the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have 180 days from Payment to open a Not As Described dispute.

In either case, you can skip the suggestion that you contact the seller because you have already done that.

Escalate to a Claim.

EBay makes the seller send you a Return Shipping Label.

PP makes you return the unwanted item to the seller with tracking.

When the tracking shows delivery, you will be refunded.

Are you still able to open an Item Not as Described case with ebay? If not, you will have to do it through paypal.