seller did not ship. resoultion ended case early, without cause.

The item did not arrive. I waited a couple extra weeks since it was coming from overseas.  I then contacted the seller and asked for a replacement be sent. A couple days later the seller indicated replacement was sent and would be 20 days coming. Interesting coincidence  that ebay  resolution is for a 21 day period. I waited until two days before ebay said they would close the case April 6. I tried to contact them all day on April 4 but their site was " oops, we have had a technical difficulty, please try again later"  down. The next morning, April 5 which is still a day before ebay said the case would automatically close, I receive noticed that they have closed it. I gave the seller a chance to make it right, waited patiently 5 months for an item, followed ebay rules to the letter. Ebay knows it's site was down for an extended period, ebay auto system closes a case early is just WRONG. I do feel ebay should set this right. james

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Open a case on PayPal. You have 180 days from date of payment to do it. But it's better doing it now.

Did you pay with a credit card through PayPal? If so, you can also call them to see if they can do something. Good luck!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Phone ebay and ask why they closed the case early and that you have been trying to ask them to step in.  If you insist, they will likely issue you a courtesy refund.

Never accept an offer of a replacement.

Either it won't arrive either , possibly because the scammer seller never had any actual products to ship, or it will be no better than the one you are complaining about.

And while we are on the subject:

Even if a seller says No Returns, he is still required to make refunds. The only question is who pays for return shipping.

I tried to contact them all day on April 4

Did you go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, or were you trying to get in touch with a customer service clerk?

Always start with the robots at the Resolution Centre. They rarely have problems and are much more efficient than the human clerks.