I am Canadian and want to sell on Ebay.com for the next 6 month what do I need to do?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

**knb**
Community Member

I use both eBay.ca (I'm in Canada as well) and eBay.com.  All I do is log in at eBay.com and list items there.  Listings will be in USD but it but any withdrawls in Paypal are in CDN anyway.  Only thing to watch if you sell in USD is to convert some money back in to CDN funds within PayPal (if your CDN balance is low).  Ebay fees are withdrawn in CDN.  I have had it happen to me that my Paypal gets put on hold because my CDN balance went below $0.00 when eBay withdrew money out if it.

If you are listing an item you have on your eBay.ca site, you will have to let the item run out (or cancel it) before you list it on eBay.com.

I am Canadian and want to sell on Ebay.com for the next 6 month what do I need to do?

Have you ever sold on ebay.ca ?  Then the main difference is (a) shipping and (b) currency.

Six months sounds like you are snow birding,

If you are located in the USA you can use the USPS for mailing your items and take advantage of calculated shipping on .COM

If still located in Canada, you will not be able (unless using a cross border company like chitchatsexpress) to use calculated shipping on eBay.COM.

Non store sellers get 50 free listings per month on both eBay.CA and on eBay.COM

-..-

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

research..

It doesn't matter where you are registered, or where you are living.

Just go to the dotCOM site and click on SELL at the top of the page.

One thing to pay close  attention to:

On dotCOM you can only choose Calculated Shipping if you are able to ship via USPS *.

You may be close enough to one of the offices of chitcatexpress and similar reshippers to make this possible.

If not you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping , which is difficult if your item cannot be shipped by Canada Post's LetterPost/LightPacket services.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

If the items you are selling must go by parcel service, it will be much easier , much much easier to list them on dotCA.

Remember that in Search the customer sees your items in his own currency, and on the actual listing, he sees the price in the currency it was listed as well as his own.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

*and some US-based couriers.

Ask a Question