How do I change the language in which eBay communicates with me and others?

Hey guys!

I'm a German living in Canada. I was able to change my home address in the account settings, but I still can't change the language in which eBay communicates.

For instance, if somebody sends me a question about an item I'm selling, the whole notification e-mail is in German (except the person's message obviously). When I reply, they get a German e-mail with my English message inside it.

I'm not happy confusing potential buyers like that.

How do I change this? For the life of me, I can't find that option. Whenever I click on the "Reply" button in the e-mail, I land on the German eBay site. If I manually navigate to the messaging centre on eBay.ca, the e-mails still end up in German.

Any ideas? I'm sure others out there have moved to a different country and faced the same problem.

Thanks!

Matt.

P.S.: sample attached.

View Entire Topic

I don't know if you have already checked this or not, but when I go to "Account > Communication Preferences > Delivery Options > Notification Language" I am given the option to choose English or French. I don't know exactly what notifications this affects and if it is any help for your situation, but perhaps it's worth a quick check if you haven't already.

Ask a Question