Can I change the shipping address after order is paid for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@echo.young wrote:

Contact the buyer imeadiately,if it has been shipped do not think that is possible

If you recently moved, and have not yet done so, go to the Post Office (or Outlet) and buy a three month Change of Address Order.

Otherwise you may not get that tax refund cheque you have been counting on.

No.

You can change your account to reflect the new address but, now, all you can do is contact your seller and hope he or she hasn't shipped it yet and is willing to wait until your affairs are in order.

Technically, if the order isn't shipped, the seller should refund your original payment and ask you to resend payment so that he or she is shipping your item to the correct address as is listed in the sales record. Only then can he or she be protected as a seller from any Items Not Received cases due to unauthorized account usage-type issues.

Sellers are obligated to ship to the address that is listed in your account when you submit payment. Even if you send them a message now and tell them you asked for it to be shipped to the wrong address, it puts them in a very awkward spot. Buyers can be reported to ebay for asking a seller to ship to another address. It's one of those buyer behaviours that triggers suspicion of odd activity. Obviously, I'm not saying this is the case here, just giving you some background on the thoughts behind the regulations. 

If this item is costly, contact Canada Post (or the courier) to see if there is some way you can redirect it. I'm really not sure if there is a way or not.

Also, you could try to contact eBay Customer Service by phone and see if they might have better advice for you than I. 

Good luck as you carry forward.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts