Can I offer both shipping Canada Post & USPS options to buyers?

Hi I live in Canada and I am about 10 minutes away from the U.S.A. border.  I would like to list items for sale offering to ship from Canada via Canada Post or from the US shipping via USPS.  How do I make those options available? Thanks in advance for your help! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I would just choose regular mail in the list, not carrier specific. Then you take the decision depending on your buyer location and real shipping cost. That's what I do with Flat Rate option. I choose the Carrier depending on the destination. For tracked USA and other intl I usually use USPS and for Canada I use Canada Post. Honestly the customer really don't care as soon as they get their packages in time.
Also, if you’re carrying items into the USA to mail, there’s Customs implications for that which I know nothing about but others on the Boards do. Try searching. There have been some excellent and informative threads lately about it.
Strictly speaking, you have to create one listing for Canada using Canada Post on eBay.ca with shipping to Canada only and another for the USA using USPS on eBay.com with shipping to the USA only. So they don’t duplicate. And then carefully manage your listings when items sell do you don’t sell things no longer available.
Ask a Question