CanPar

I recently made a purchase with a vendor who uses the Global Shipping program. I dislike this service, but I really wanted the item. My tracking now tells me that my item is with CanPar. I never heard of CanPar, but when I checked their ratings, I was dismayed, very dismayed. Is the Global Shipping Program now using CanPar exclusively rather than Canada Post? Does anyone know?

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions (3)

CanPar is a courier service and has been around for decades.

When we still had our shop on Ottawa's Sparks Street Mall, one of our signs of spring was Kevin the CanPar Guy showing up in his shorts.

Great legs.

No, GSP/Pitney Bowes has not replaced Canada Post with CanPar. There have been sightings of CanPar as the delivery medium  for most of the time GSP has been around. They also sometimes use FedEx.

Not sure what "ratings" you are checking but if they are online, remember that a happy customer will tell three friends and an unhappy customer will tell three hundred.

Don't worry until/unless you have something to worry about.

The usual problem with couriers (all of them) is that while Canada Post will drop an undeliverable package at the local Postal Outlet which is easy to find and has long hours, couriers have offices out by the airport and are only open during business hours.

@grace11roses 

If you are expecting a parcel with Canpar, always best to check the delivery status at their website. A package CAN show up ANY time during the day. I always try to make sure I am home because most drivers rarely knock or ring the bell. They may either leave in your mailbox or on the front step. (Not necessarily in restricted view as per their website.) If they do leave a pick-up tag, best to confirm your package is at their depot before driving across town. Also if you are expecting them to show up that day, it never hurts to leave a ring bell sign on your door and check frequently for the delivery.

-Lotz

PS. The 2 times I had packages arrive with Canpar, one was left in my mail box in full view, the 2nd was left on the front step. Both times I was home and there was no doorbell ring.

The GSP (run by Pitney Bowes) uses a variety of shipping companies (including Canada Post) for final stage of delivery in Canada.

Hopefully your delivery will beat the CanPar trend and arrive okay.

-..-

Answers (0)

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts