How long is too long for an item to be shipped?

trogdor1981
Community Member

I bought an item on June 10th, 2012? It's June 13th now. I have not received an update from the seller whether the item has been shipped. Is 3 days too long for an item to be shipped?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

scifan57
Community Member
Some buyers ship on the same or next day after receiving cleared payment.Some will wait longer.Paypal requires that sellers ship the item within 7 days in order to maintain their seller protection. If a seller uses PayPal shipping,you receive a PayPal shipping notice as soon as the seller prints the shipping label. If the seller doesn't use PayPal shipping,he has to manually mark the item as shipped,not all do. Give it about a week,then contact the seller to inquire if the item has been shipped.If you can't contact the seller or he won,tell you when it was shipped,you can open an item not received dispute at around the 3 week mark.You have up to 45 days from the time you paid to open the dispute.Open no layer than day 43 to be safe.Once the dispute is open,you have up to 20 days to open a claim.If you haven't received the item or a refund,escalate before the deadline expires. If PayPal decides in your favour,you will receive a full refund. Once opened,close the dispute for no reason other than receipt of the item as once closed for any reason,a dispute cannot be reopened.

Hi trogdor .. That seller has a good reputation and just because he hasn't marked as shipped doesn't make it so. Not all bother to mark as shipped or print labels through eBay/PayPal.

Listing states .."usually in 2 business" and today is only 3. To soon to be worrying.

If an item hasn't arrived in 3-4 weeks from the US, its time to ask , keeping in mind that PayPal claims should be filed no later than day 43 from payment date.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Personally , i think its silly. You trust seller sufficiently to purchase their item and then start worry whether they will ship or not. If they don't , buyers file claims, leave poor feedback and eBay ends selling career. Reputable sellers know they must ship promptly. Buyers know they have Buyer Protection.

trogdor1981
Community Member

Update: I got the notification that the item that the item was shipped today. I was just concerned because the item I bought is quite expensive. Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts