How to make it ship to Canada and USA only?

Hello,

I am having some trouble with shipping preferences.

I selected all countries I dont want to ship to in account preferences. I only want to ship to Canada and USA. However, when I list my item, it sais that I ship to Canada, USA and the UK.

I am very confused why it does this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

The Apple iPhone you have listed has

shipping showing for Canada with a cost

the USA and UK are both showing but with no shipping cost specified.

It sounds like you are using the simplified listing form rather than the advanced which gives you a lot more details.  I have never seen the new simplified form but there is supposedly a link to the advanced near the top.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

If you use Calculated (rather than Flat Rate) shipping your shipping fee will show as the exact cost to the doorstep of your customer.

This is important because package services vary in cost with destination as well as with dimensions and weight.

And for a high value/high fraud item like a phone, you MUST use tracking.

I would also opt for Signature Confirmation of delivery, which means the carrier has the recipient (any adult) sign for the phone before handing it over. EBay only requires this on items valued over (I think) $650, but it tells a crook that he has eyes on him and makes an honest buyer (by far the majority) feel protected.

There is also a "No Safe Drop" option, which is free, when you are making the label.  This means the carrier must not leave the phone on the porch or in the mailbox.

For most products none of this is necessary, but phones being offered by new sellers are the most common "help I got scammed" posting here on the Boards.

Link to the Advanced Listing form https://bulksell.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=AddItem

I see ebay has now added in the ability to create shipping rate tables Internationally by country ... until now I had not noticed, thought the tables were only available for Canada by region. 

Noticed your iphone now shows it ships just to Canada and USA now but it lists the service as Economy Shipping. May want to think about changing that to the actual service you will be using , if you have the CP Solutions for Small Business card (free at any CP counter) that would be CP Expedited or Expresspost in Canada and CP Expedited USA or Expresspost USA to the U.S.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts