I refuse to deal with Sellers who subscribe to this Money grab scam of Global Shipping Charges

I have never been charged these new outlandish shipping charges through Pitney Bowes ! I will not be forced into paying unnecessary charges on small amounts that my Government Customs would never charge me -- they never have before in all the years I have dealt with EBAY.CA and they dont now -- I have checked ! Therefore I will boycott all Sellers promoting this Scam !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

good for you, you are not alone in your being upset with the gsp.. i will not support it either..

if there is something you can't find elsewhere you can always ask the shipper if they will send it usa mail.. some will and some won't..  alot of usa sellers don't even know that they are using the program..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@rosemary2244 wrote:

I have never been charged these new outlandish shipping charges through Pitney Bowes ! I will not be forced into paying unnecessary charges on small amounts that my Government Customs would never charge me -- they never have before in all the years I have dealt with EBAY.CA and they dont now -- I have checked ! Therefore I will boycott all Sellers promoting this Scam !!

The Global Shipping Program (GSP) is not new.  The Buyer Central discussion board (https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/bd-p/23003) has over nine thousand posts going back 4 years about GSP. 

Used by American and UK sellers to protect themselves when shipping internationally. Not a good fit for buyers in Canada for small value shipments because we are close to the USA and direct by the post office is often a better deal.

Not a scam. Goods brought across the border by mail/courier are supposed to be taxed if worth more than $20 -- but via the post office many packages are not stopped and taxed.  Anything over $20 that come through with no tax is a free BONUS. The Canada Post handling fee when they do collect tax is $9.95

Lots of Canadians do not bother with GSP listings -- especially for low value (<$100) items.

If it is something you really want you can ask the seller if they will exclude Canada from the GSP and ship directly to Canada using the USPS First Class International parcel service (has tracking for Canada if bought online, inexpensive, and many sellers do not know about it).  eBay's GSP help files explain how to exclude Canada.

-..-

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts