I was told shipping would be $3 cdn BUT now ebay says $10.50 US

Hi!

I just successfuly placed a best offer on an item. The item ships from Canada and I am a Canadian resident.

The shipping charge said $10.50 US to US destinations.

I contacted the vendor who emailed back saying he would charge me $3 Cdn.

After I bid on the item I got the message congratulating me from ebay but it states the shipping charge is $10.50 US and not the $3 Cdn the vendor agreed to.

Consequently I did not pay for the purchase yet. If I do will the shipping cost be adjusted or not?

I contacted the vendor and am waiting for him to answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

The seller will send you a new invoice with the adjusted shipping fee, and this change will be reflected in the total owed for this item on your Purchase History page.  But right now it's Saturday, and the seller may be busy with his family and not hovering over the computer.  If you have sent a message about it, - he'll get back to you.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

scifan57
Community Member
If you have any questions at all about a listing,including shipping questions,it's always a good idea to ask all your questions before placing a bid or using buy it now.Not all sellers are understanding and some will not agree to changes after the fact.You were lucky to get one of the understanding sellers.

Ah, glad it worked out and so quickly.  They don't all let you fill in the amount, however.  Most will send you the invoice and do so promptly, but on rare occasion you will have to send a gentle reminder prod about the agreed price and wait for it.

But for future reference, - if you buy from sellers in the US (and other countries) be sure that they do indeed ship to Canada.  If no shipping fee to Canada is listed, it's a good idea to ask.  Otherwise if you bid and win, it is tantamount to accepting whatever shipping terms the seller chooses, and USPS Priority can cost $30 or more.   

Enjoy your item. 🙂

The vendor was good. He told me to just enter the amount in the shipping entry and it was fine. I love Ebay.

I hope you will reflect your pleasure with positive feedback and 5 star Ratings when you have received and inspected the item.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts