Item sitting in "Pre-Shipment" for over 2 weeks?

I bought an item on July 2nd from the US, and on July 6th I was notified by email that the item was "Being shipped to the global shipping centre." And that's it. I have had nothing since then, no shipping updates at all, and I have messaged the seller twice about it, to no reply. 
Whenever I look up these global and domestic tracking numbers I was provided, UPAAC000000055184775 and 9405509699938575894864, it only says "Shipping Label Created, Not Yet in System" and "In Pre-Shipment"

The latest delivery date estimated is the 25th. If the 25th passes and I do not receive my package by then, what should I do? 

I just want to know what my best course of action would be. Or if you guys think it will still come. Who should I phone? Am I worrying about nothing? Did the carrier forget to scan it somehow initially and it'll just show up? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

It is possible it was not scanned when shipped, yes. Is the item small enough to be shipped lettermail in the US? If so, it won't be scanned at all.

You have 30 days after the estimated delivery date to open an "Item Not Received" case on eBay. And 180 days for date of purchase on PayPal.

I understand you concern, but I would give it more time.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Your seller uses the Global Shipping Program (spit spit spit).

The purchase made it successfully to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

This number is the domestic shipping, probably.

Then it got a new number

UPAAC000000055184775

And should have been put on a truck and sent on to Canada.

From there normally it is given to Canada Post for delivery.

It does sound as if the barcode (UPAAC0000000551847750) was not scanned when it was put on the truck.

However, it was given a (final?) delivery date of Friday the 25th and watching it won't speed it along.

Missed scans or no, the postal system is very good at its job.

If you don't get it by Friday, you can open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

State in the Dispute that this is a GSP delivery problem.

The seller's responsibility for delivery ended at the doorstep of the GSP plant. No longer involved.

If the GSP cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Minor bonus, or confusion, if the purchase arrives after you are refunded, the GSP does NOT want it back.

Is the delivery window July 22-25 ? Or July 25-30? You can't open a Dispute until the last estimated date has passed.

@sirarmysuit 

You may want to sign up for shipment alerts at GSP/USPS and then you could have a better idea once things start to progress or if they aren't, what so ever, then you could follow up using the contact seller button attached to the transaction.

-Lotz

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts