Item tracking says “delivered” but also says “in transit” at the same?

samts-94
Community Member
Ebay states that the item is ordered is “delivered” (their exact words on the item tracking page) to what I assume is a post office in Kentucky, which is obviously not my address, which is to be the final destination of my item (its the shipping address). I have not received an international tracking number as of yet unlike last time where I did right away when that item was shipped. The USPS tracking says it is delivered as well (to Kentucky).

At the same time, Ebay says it is still “in transit” on the tracking timeline. Ebay on the browser says the item is delivered while the app says in transit and delivered at the same time.

I’m confused by this. Will a international/Canadian tracking number be issued by Ebay later or is there an error I should be worried about?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

The seller ships it to Kentucky .. where the processing plant will handle and prepare your item , to be shipped to Canada,, they will give you another tracking number when it is ready to move on from Kentucky..

Yes to all the above answers. I would add, eBay should not be listing an item as "Shipped" when only a label has been generated, and the item has still not left the hands of the seller. This adds to the "sketchiness" of the eBay seller/buyer relationship and the real potential for seller fraud. The whole USPS chaos is going to hurt the USA market in so many ways that is still not manifested fully. The pandemic and the war on the USPS will be a lethal combination.

Don't panic.

Your seller used the Global Shipping Program which is a Seller Protection program sponsored by eBay and processed by Pitney Bowes (yes the label people).

Their plant is in Erlanger KY.

The seller ships there and that's where her responsibility for shipping ends.

PB/GSP then ships your purchase to Canada (and other people' s purchases to over 100 other countries, it 's a big operation), where it is transferred to a Canadian shipper for delivery.

Usually that's Canada Post.

When you purchased you may have noticed two separate "shipping" charges. One is from the seller and the other covers Canadian duty and sales taxes on your purchase plus a ~$5 service fee, which are termed "import fees".

Your question comes up a lot and here is some boilerplate which may help you to relax.

Unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

I've noticed in various newmedia that the Postal Workers union is fighting back.

USPS is one of the largest employers of Black Americans and at least at a low level has been putting out the word that Americans who want to vote by mail should be doing so early.

The union has also made some indication that the sorters and carriers will be giving personal attention and priority to Ballots.

Not perhaps the best news for us as consumers, but good for democracy.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts