Paypal/Canada post shipping problem

So I'm trying to send a package to the US.  Buyer paid for US small packet no tracking.  I'm getting an error when I try to pay that says Cannot print "please provide valid export reason"

What does this mean?  I filled out the customs forms as I have in the past, this is the firsst time I've seen this announcement.

Is it because I'm using Small packet USA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

@bennettcollectibles wrote:

So I'm trying to send a package to the US.  Buyer paid for US small packet no tracking.  I'm getting an error when I try to pay that says Cannot print "please provide valid export reason"

What does this mean?  I filled out the customs forms as I have in the past, this is the firsst time I've seen this announcement.

Is it because I'm using Small packet USA

Another possible reason you could be getting this error message is if you have added the HS code with a dot between the numbers if you are using Shippo. Going forward the correct format should be ###### not ####.##

-Lotz

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never ran into myself but that being said I stopped using shippo a while ago. Have you tried using Canada post directly and did the same thing happen.

The est form is hard to use but the shipwag is very good and easy to use.

New one on me.

The label should automatically fill the customs parts of the form. 

But if you need to, try adding "goods" in that textbox and perhaps the HS number.

https://www.canadapost.ca/information/app/wtz/business/findHsCode?execution=e1s1

FWIW- Don't depend on it , but apparently you can use the Canada Post number for your Small Packet USA (which does not track) and USPS will often/sometimes take it as a tracking number.

So fill in that box too, just in case it works.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts