Questions About "one signed original and two copies of a commercial invoice along with your label"

shoppersessence
Community Member

One of my items was sold to USA. I tried to print my shipping label on eBay/Shippo. However, it said that "You must include one signed original and two copies of a commercial invoice along with your label." My first question is where I should print the commercial invoice. The "Sold" under my  eBay, there is no option for printing an invoice. My second question is how to deal with the three copies of invoices. I know that I need to stick the shipping label to my package. Consequently, should I need to put the invoices in a Ziploc bag and apply it to my package as well? Thank you. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

The only time I worry about doing this is if the shipment is very high in value OR if it's being sent Priority.

Then I include two labels in the adhesive pouch that I use to hold my shipping label to the cardboard box or envelope, making sure one is printed in a different coloured paper so that it is readily apparent to Customs officials that there is two copies of the document attached. 

Before I invested in a lifetime supply of adhesive pouches for this purpose, I used three-ring punched sheet protectors from the stationary aisle of the dollar store as adhesive pouches/shipping label protectors, modifying them slightly so as not to be obviously repurposed. 

Other than that, always be sure to include a packing slip inside your order when dealing with international shipments. If the Customs official decides they need more information on the shipment, make it easy for them to find it so as not to delay shipment to your buyer. Remember, some countries include cost of shipping/postage in their tariff assessment so that dollar amount must be apparent too. 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

@shoppersessence wrote:

One of my items was sold to USA. I tried to print my shipping label on eBay/Shippo. However, it said that "You must include one signed original and two copies of a commercial invoice along with your label." My first question is where I should print the commercial invoice. The "Sold" under my  eBay, there is no option for printing an invoice. My second question is how to deal with the three copies of invoices. I know that I need to stick the shipping label to my package. Consequently, should I need to put the invoices in a Ziploc bag and apply it to my package as well? Thank you. 

Do not worry about this unless the value of your shipment is over $800us.

This a generic message and does not apply to most Canada Post services for the USA (intended more for FedEx, UPS, and other commercial carriers).

-..-

one invoice in the package, and one for your records, is all that is required..

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts