For all Canadians who ordering internationally. Huge delay is nothing but market protection tool!!!

I have Some question about shipping to Canada...

And I found no explanation to:

1. Why I order in May and receive my package at the end of October.

2. Why my package arrives from anywhere in a world to Canada withing 7 days and holds at customs for 3-4 months..

3. Why when i order to delivery to US address, I got it in three to five days.

The only reasonable answer to all those questions - Huge delay is nothing but market protection tool !!! As more and more people buying from abroad, Canadian giant corporations refuses to reduce prices and would like to sell us the same stuff but for triple amount.

So, to all Canadian retailers - make price competitive. but until it happens, I am buying all stuff from abroad.

View Entire Topic

If you could not find an explanation then you did not look very hard.

1) Canada Post for the last couple of years has given very low priority to shipments where it loses money. This will start changing in 2018 with the new UPU (Universal Postal Union) rules, and China will start paying more for sending mail to Canada.

2) For the last couple of years all packages from China are checked for drugs. It was legal in China to export weapons-grade drugs. The laws were tightened a bit by China early this year, so that may help.

As a seller I certainly wish it was true that this was an attempt to protect Canadian sellers -- but that is just not true.

Some say that Canadian sellers can be made competitive -- just get rid of free health care, slash wages by 80% and allow the sale of counterfeit products to be legal -- that might do for a start.

-..-

Ask a Question