How do experienced sellers handle their shipping fee?

shoppersessence
Community Member

Using a shipping option without tracking number, a dishonest buyers may deny he or she has received the shipment. However, with tracking number, shipping fee sometimes is more expensive than my item for sale. This will make my item unattractive. I am wondering how experienced sellers handle their shipping fee. Thanks.

View Entire Topic

For you, the question really doesn't arise.

First, I agree that this kind of fraud is over-blown. Yes, there are fraudsters, but they hit certain categories (electronics, jewellry,horsetack, sportscards,sneakers) more than others.

And when you look at the complaints posted on dotCOM, there are a lot of sellers screaming FRAUD!!!! when all that is happening is a disagreement with the buyer. Often one that can be solved by a polite "return for refund".

However, looking at your current listings, I don't see anything that is less than 2cm thick.

So you will be using parcel rates and most of those are tracked.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

For Canada, all options are tracked.

For USA, Small Packet is the only one not tracked.

For International you have three tracked and three untracked options-- and two of the untracked are Surface, which you wouldn't use in any case.

So solutions:

Use SnapShip or Shippo mailing labels and get the discounts

Use discount postage stamps purchased on eBay (awkward for some parcels, but some reallynice savings)

Use Free Shipping.

DON'T PANIC!

Free Shipping means that you roll the cost of shipping into the asking price for your product.

Which is cheaper?

An $85 lot with $10 shipping

Or a $95 lot with Free Shipping?

And when you ship outside Canada, you already have the first $10 of your international/US shipping in the price, so those (flat rate) prices are immediately $10 "less".

And you get charged Shipping FVF on your first Canadian shipping charged even on international shipping.

Ten percent of nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUD-jcr104

Has anyone mentioned the forwarders like chitchatexpress, yet?

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts